Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great CPO Experience - MS P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just couldn't wait for M3 so I took the MS CPO route about 6 weeks ago.

I first started scouring the the Tesla CPO pages mid-May received a callback from Sean at the West Palm Beach Center after finding a CPO on the Tesla web site. I shared my wish list and he emailed me a short list of that were soon to be available, but hadn't completed the certification process yet, and were not listed available yet.

I placed my deposit on 30 May for a 2013 Solid Black MS P85 with 27,000 miles for $50,000 with the 2 year extended warranty

Options included:
All Glass Panoramic
21" Grey Wheels
Tan Performance Interior
Piano Black
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Free Super Charging for life
Tech Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity
Rear Facing Seats

I requested and received prior to delivery via email - photos, pre-inspection report, wheel alignment specs, tire tread specs and a photo of the display with a completed range charge. Service records were the only thing not provided, although I did ask.

I had been out of the country during the process and requested a delivery appointment on 9 June so I could fly directly to West Palm Beach.

Arrived at West Palm Beach Tesla for first appointment of the day at 10:00 am on 9 June (10 days after placing deposit), was introduced to the car shortly after 10:00 am. Everyone friendly and car was in immaculate condition as promised! I compared the pre-inspection report findings to the actual car and the only thing I that has not been repaired was damage to the B pillar and two very small < 1cm dings to the passenger door. I requested the B-Pillar damage be added to the due bill, but overlooked the dings since they were so small.

Drove car over two days from Palm Beach, Florida to Athens, Georgia.

1. Speed was limited to 85 MPH, called service, instructed to pull over, fixed with a 2 minute call.
2. Display freeze x 1, called service, learned how to reset display, has not happened again.
3. Door handles present, but on occasion, door will not pull open. annoying, but they eventually open.
4.Rear door handle presents, but plastic cover does not completely seat, looks like this was on CPO cert list, but not fixed.

Service center called be to let me know B-pillar parts were on order. Look forward to that repair and will have them take a look at the door handles, but thats pretty much it, a great car! Planning a 4,000 mile road trip to Canada in August to really find out how it holds up.

Overall a great experience! Thanks to Sean and Devon at West Palm Beach Tesla.