Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green New Deal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna guess way more than any other viable alternative........
I don't believe even Schumer and Pelosi think there is much viability in this proposal and bringing this to a vote on the senate floor is obviously a power move by McConnell to prove that it does not even have the support of most of the Dems that have been claiming to support it, we will have to see when the votes come in.

I don't believe even Schumer and Pelosi think there is much viability in this proposal and bringing this to a vote on the senate floor is obviously a power move by McConnell to prove that it does not even have the support of most of the Dems that have been claiming to support it, we will have to see when the votes come in.

If someone doesn't like this proposal then they need to come up with a better plan. That should be the rule. The longer we wait the worse things will get. Had we tackled this in the 70s like any half-rational civilization would have this would have been A LOT easier :( We've procrastinated and run out the clock. What other option do we have???"??

Reactions: JRP3
If someone doesn't like this proposal then they need to come up with a better plan. That should be the rule. The longer we wait the worse things will get. Had we tackled this in the 70s like any half-rational civilization would have this would have been A LOT easier :( We've procrastinated and run out the clock. What other option do we have???"??
I agree with a lot of what you just said but there is no way that this goes through, it's far to radical, I think we may have to wait for the aliens to come down and give us " A warning and an ultimatum!" the only thing Congress can agree on is that they will never agree.

I agree with a lot of what you just said but there is no way that this goes through, it's far to radical, I think we may have to wait for the aliens to come down and give us " A warning and an ultimatum!" the only thing Congress can agree on is that they will never agree.

Cutting off a diabetic leg is also 'radical'... but if it's the only choice it's the only choice. We need a better plan. No plan is not an option. What other option do we have?????

What other option do we have?????
I don't have that answer, I live in the Los Angeles area and am plenty old enough to remember the days of the smog alerts, my older brother just told me a story about once in the mid 70's while working outdoors in downtown L.A. and shutting down a job because everyones eyes were burning so bad form the smog.

Beijing has the worst air quality on the planet and now China has realized they have to do something about it
A New Culprit Is Identified in China’s Choking Smog
Necessity is the mother of invention and out of this change in thinking by China they will likely lead the world in the EV revolution.

I do think that change needs to happen and some has, I truly hope it is enough and soon enough to save the world.

I don't agree that we are doomed and I hope the world is more like the liver with its ability to heal than the diabetic leg of an amputee.

So you vote for fools and psychopaths that make things worse.
Well it was either that or Hilary who was really the only one with proof of colluding with Russia. you see it came down to a binary choice and I picked the lesser of 2 evils but at least you can say your hands are clean as you obviously are with her.

The case for Russia collusion … against the Democrats

The private server, deliberately destroying subpoenaed evidence, pay for play through the Clinton foundation all while the top of the food chain provided cover for her and this criminal is who you would rather have?

Well it was either that or Hilary who was really the only one with proof of colluding with Russia. you see it came down to a binary choice and I picked the lesser of 2 evils but at least you can say your hands are clean as you obviously are with her.

The case for Russia collusion … against the Democrats

The private server, deliberately destroying subpoenaed evidence, pay for play through the Clinton foundation all while the top of the food chain provided cover for her and this criminal is who you would rather have?

..... so where are all the Hillary related indictments???? LOL

Reactions: EVCollies
..... so where are all the Hillary related indictments???? LOL
Swept under the rug by your pals Comey and Lynch in the first place and far to many RINO's to make the moves needed when they had the chance, probably the real answer though is that the Clintons have been in power so long they must have dirt on SOOOO many people that most people are terrified of them, I'm not naive enough to think that less than 90% of politicians are crooked as hell!

Reactions: flankspeed8
Swept under the rug by your pals Comey and Lynch in the first place and far to many RINO's to make the moves needed, probably the real answer though is that the Clintons have been in power so long they must have dirt on SOOOO many people that most people are terrified of them, I'm not naive enough to think that less than 90% of politicians are crooked as hell!

.... so why didn't Jeff Sessions dig them up? LOL

And I like Unicorns but I recently became aware that they are not even real! imagine how shocked I was to find this out, my world will never be the same.

Looks like 'Unicorns' are really. The green new deal is arguably MUCH, MUCH.... MUUUCH less ambitious than it's name sake... and that was very much real and very much worked...

If someone doesn't like this proposal then they need to come up with a better plan.
The green new deal is not a plan. A plan would have specific policy proposals.

For example, a policy for cars.
1. All cars that use fossil fuels must be sold with a disclaimer that it will not be usable in 12 years because there will be no more fossil fuels available.
2. Set a date (5 years from now?) where fossil fuel cars can no longer be sold.
3. Set a date when all gasoline sales must stop - I guess 12 years from now.

A policy for home heating systems:
1. All new homes sold after 2019 cannot use any fossil fuels.
2. Set a date (5 years from now) where all homes sold cannot use any fossil fuels. There is precedent for this - homes with in-ground oil tanks cannot be sold. Tanks must be removed prior to sale.
3. Set a date when fossil fuel sales to homes must stop - I guess 12 years from now.

A policy on cows and other methane-producing livestock:
1. Set a date when all sales of meat and products (milk, cheese, etc) from methane-producing livestock will be imposed.
2. Set a date when all imports of such products will be banned (it does no good to export our methane production).

A policy for power plants, trucks, trains, and every other thing that uses fossil fuels. Don't forget airplanes - with airplanes having a life of decades, there is no point in building any more fossil fuel airplanes.

There needs to be a plan for the grid to handle all of this.

Demanding a plan is a good thing. We didn't land a man on the moon with a JFK speech. When are we going to see something more than a press release?

Status
Not open for further replies.