Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for Power Trunk/Frunk Liftgate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s very difficult to get any assistance from Hansshow. I have asked them 4 times why my soft close motor for the frunk kit has only 1 gray connector to plug into the controller module, when the Hansshow installation video shows the frunk soft close motor having 2 gray connectors, and the frunk controller module has 2 gray ports for plugging in 2 connectors. I can’t get an answer from them. I just sent them a video showing I only have 1 gray connector. Hopefully they will now understand.

Mine only has one grey connector also. Works fine nonetheless.

Reactions: Trevlan006
Hi, after installing trunk liftgate, i'm getting "Lane Departure Avoidance Limited" warning all the time. Has anybody experienced this?

Where did you tap the power, right at the battery or at some other location (recommend running the power wire right to the battery positive terminal)? Did you install the foot sensor; if yes, check that the connector for the bumper sensors did not come loose (recommend that you unplug the connector and re-plug, listening for the click sound when it is fully engaged).

is there a setting we can do so that the car/app shows the correct status of the trunk? i'll be more comfortable knowing if my trunk is open or close rather than having the convenience of having to close it from the screen.

Basically you want to do the modification that TeslaOffer has done to the Hannshow product. Perhaps they would tell you?

• Disagree
Reactions: Trevlan006
is there a setting we can do so that the car/app shows the correct status of the trunk? i'll be more comfortable knowing if my trunk is open or close rather than having the convenience of having to close it from the screen.

Currently, the Hansshow kit does not show the status of the trunk lid. There was a post on how to modify the wiring harness and install a different controller module firmware that resulted in the touchscreen and app showing the trunk lid alternating between the open and closed position when the trunk was open. However, the trunk lights would flash ON and OFF when the trunk was open.

Hansshow requested that the mod be removed from here, as they said the mod had not been adequately tested.

Having said all that, I have been communicating with Hansshow about this issue and am expecting a revision to address this matter shortly. I will update this site once I have tested the revision.

Currently, the Hansshow kit does not show the status of the trunk lid. There was a post on how to modify the wiring harness and install a different controller module firmware that resulted in the touchscreen and app showing the trunk lid alternating between the open and closed position when the trunk was open. However, the trunk lights would flash ON and OFF when the trunk was open.

Hansshow requested that the mod be removed from here, as they said the mod had not been adequately tested.

Having said all that, I have been communicating with Hansshow about this issue and am expecting a revision to address this matter shortly. I will update this site once I have tested the revision.

This is great, hope they get it to work sooner. Thanks for doing this.

I paid $349 (trunk $299 and foot sensor $50).
Since I installed the frunk myself and took them less than 15 mins to resolve my hood problem, they didn't charge for the frunk support. (I thought they would whack me with $ on the frunk too).

Here are the quotes from the certified installers (again, these are Bay Area prices)
Frunk Installation: $269
Trunk Installation: $299
Frunk & Trunk Installation: $499
Foot sensor: $50

Any idea when they might make another trip to Los Angeles? I have my kit but need an installer... trunk and foot sensor.

Any idea when they might make another trip to Los Angeles? I have my kit but need an installer... trunk and foot sensor.

if you have a Performance model 3, it is not necessary to drop the bumper cover to install the foot sensor. The performance model has an access panel in the bumper underbelly. Remove the access panel and you can easily install the foot sensor inside the bumper.

if you have a Performance model 3, it is not necessary to drop the bumper cover to install the foot sensor. The performance model has an access panel in the bumper underbelly. Remove the access panel and you can easily install the foot sensor inside the bumper.

This isn't true for all performance models though, I think it's newer as most of us who picked up in 2018 don't have it.

Can anyone offer me some advice on how to handle a lost or stolen delivery? I have never received my order and the seller has gone silent. DHL claims it was left on my porch, but my security cameras did not catch anyone delivering it and there was no signature required so no real proof of delivery. I have lived here 20+ years an have never had a lost or stolen package and checking with neighbors turned up nothing also.

Any advice on what I can do beyond continuing to try to get a response from the seller would be appreciated.