Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for Power Trunk/Frunk Liftgate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I order a frunk Black Friday, cricket’s
They did charge my card and it was cheaper than our Group purchase
I asked about costs for a version trunk V2 upgrade. Crickets
I asked about exchange for a trunk V2 kit, crickets.
The teslasoffer kits are looking better and better

Has anyone with the frunk kit had the frunk open slightly but stayed latched while driving?

Last night I got cut off, hit the brakes and honked. Right after that I got a warning on the screen that the frunk was open. It still looked closed but when I pulled over to check it was popped open. Had to press it down to close.

I had nothing in the frunk (have seen reports of stuff shifting around and hitting the emergency release button).

Has anyone with the frunk kit had the frunk open slightly but stayed latched while driving?

Last night I got cut off, hit the brakes and honked. Right after that I got a warning on the screen that the frunk was open. It still looked closed but when I pulled over to check it was popped open. Had to press it down to close.

I had nothing in the frunk (have seen reports of stuff shifting around and hitting the emergency release button).

Strange indeed. What you described has never happened to me.. at least not yet. I installed my Frunk and Trunk kits about 2 months ago.

Perhaps not related, but on very rare occasions, my power Trunk will not completely latch/lock close. I have my closing force set on the lowest setting to get that "soft" close effect. I suspect there is some slight variance in the power output of the Hansshow motor. So, every once in a blue moon, the trunk closes with a slightly softer force than normal. When this happens, the trunk latch does not fully engage and does not get pulled down into the fully locked position during that final closing/locking process. Thankfully, this rarely happens and I always watch the closing operation to make sure the trunk fully latches/locks. So, not an issue for me.

Of course, the Frunk motor/kit does not have a separate setting for closing force... only closing speed. So, that (the amount of closing force) would not be the culprit/cause in your case. Perhaps some minor adjustment of your Frunk latch/bracket position is required to ensure it makes good contact (and locks) 100% of the time?

Hope this helps....

Strange indeed. What you described has never happened to me.. at least not yet. I installed my Frunk and Trunk kits about 2 months ago.

Perhaps not related, but on very rare occasions, my power Trunk will not completely latch/lock close. I have my closing force set on the lowest setting to get that "soft" close effect. I suspect there is some slight variance in the power output of the Hansshow motor. So, every once in a blue moon, the trunk closes with a slightly softer force than normal. When this happens, the trunk latch does not fully engage and does not get pulled down into the fully locked position during that final closing/locking process. Thankfully, this rarely happens and I always watch the closing operation to make sure the trunk fully latches/locks. So, not an issue for me.

Of course, the Frunk motor/kit does not have a separate setting for closing force... only closing speed. So, that (the amount of closing force) would not be the culprit/cause in your case. Perhaps some minor adjustment of your Frunk latch/bracket position is required to ensure it makes good contact (and locks) 100% of the time?

Hope this helps....

Interesting point. I don't typically double check that it's latched down. I had been driving for about 30 minutes and hadn't used the frunk in a few days but hard braking obviously caused something loosen off enough.

I think I'm going to move the locking mechanism held by the two bolts down slightly in an effort to ensure it locks all the way.

I order a frunk Black Friday, cricket’s
They did charge my card and it was cheaper than our Group purchase
I asked about costs for a version trunk V2 upgrade. Crickets
I asked about exchange for a trunk V2 kit, crickets.
The teslasoffer kits are looking better and better

My kit shipped from Singapore, the declared value to customs was $60 (sorry had to put it out there I was furious with the margins) - shipped within a week of ordering with DHL and received 3 days after. They were very responsive on WhatsApp. versions after 11/27 are the v3 version (or v2 maybe can't remember) which accurately shows the status of the trunk.

Interesting point. I don't typically double check that it's latched down. I had been driving for about 30 minutes and hadn't used the frunk in a few days but hard braking obviously caused something loosen off enough.

I think I'm going to move the locking mechanism held by the two bolts down slightly in an effort to ensure it locks all the way.

When I installed & set-up my power Frunk, I actually had to raise the vehicle’s locking mechanism/assembly in order for the Frunk hook to make complete contact with the assembly and get pulled down properly into the locked position. I also found that it was equally as important to get the left-to-right position of the latch assembly in the “correct“ spot. In other words, you may need to adjust both the vertical and horizontal position of the latch assembly.

Good luck!

Check if the debugging plug is disconnected. If it is connected all the time, it may trigger by mistake.
_L%`0UM(7H~TNIU7Y7C4WAA.png

• Informative
Reactions: israndy