Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may not be able to post a review until this weekend, depending... Lot going on at home right now. I can say that I received the package and it included four flaps, all the hardware and very clear, easy to understand instructions. That's all for now.

UPDATE: I "found a way" to do the install today and should have a review with pictures up LATER TODAY!!!!

Review of Tsolutions (aka, Mike’s) Flaps -

First, I will start off by saying I/we paid $33.96 (plus shipping, if international) for these flaps, and not $150 or $180 (CF) like others are selling. Next, I want to thank Mike for offering is TMC and Tesla.com Members 15% off of the “Introductory” price of $39.95.

“Mike’s” Flaps were installed on my MSM M3 LR AWD w/FSD and Premium white interior (Picture attached). Key review points include;

1. $33.96 purchase to protect our precious rocker panel and door paint is money well spent

2. Installation time took 10 minutes, total!

3. Mike’s instructions are well done. I was an Industrial Engineer by education, and can say these are really well done. Be sure to READ and FOLLOW them for a trouble-free installation – Especially the instructions on installing the rear flaps (Step 3b and 3c in particular) AND the instructions to clean adhesion area with isopropyl alcohol AND TO “APPLY Firm Pressure for 60 Seconds…” to the 3M tape (Step 2f).

4. Providing Stainless-Steel brackets, as opposed to “soon to rust” cheap metal bracket for the rear installation is very thoughtful and appreciated!

5. Suggestions for Mike and Tsolutions – Offer several flap “profiles” or cuts. One for those nasty winter or dirt roads owners and another for those “California” climate-like owners. I should say, Mike took this input the other day from me and is working to “get ‘er done”!

Thanks to all for joining me as co-pioneers! Thanks also to Mike for putting up with us TMC members!

All: Please post your reviews and attach pictures. We want to see every color of M3 represented here in this thread!

f1.jpg
f3.jpg
f2.jpg
View attachment 431287

Last edited:
And here's a shot of the stainless-steel rear mount.

f4-jpg.431298
Hmm. This is my only concern. This photo is a little hazy, but it looks like the steel mount is bolted against a painted surface. Is that true? If so, it seems it would harm the paint over time. I know it's kind of underneath, but still. What was your impression on installing this part? Am I seeing this correctly? Thanks!

Hmm. This is my only concern. This photo is a little hazy, but it looks like the steel mount is bolted against a painted surface. Is that true? If so, it seems it would harm the paint over time. I know it's kind of underneath, but still. What was your impression on installing this part? Am I seeing this correctly? Thanks!

You are seeing it correctly. I thought that as well, and then said to myself that area would have really gotten sand blasted anyway, and given everything is spotless and won't move, probably doesn't matter. A potential solution, if anyone is concerned, is to just apply clear packing tape or black electrical tape on the bracket facing the paint (trim as needed), before installation.

You are seeing it correctly. I thought that as well, and then said to myself that area would have really gotten sand blasted anyway, and given everything is spotless and won't move, probably doesn't matter. A potential solution, if anyone is concerned, is to just apply clear packing tape or black electrical tape on the bracket facing the paint (trim as needed), before installation.

Perhaps Mike can add that as part of product improvement as well...

@CharleyBC - You're welcome! Are you the same username on Tesla.com forum? If so, Welcome to our Happy Place and a real forum that works as one should!
Yup. I figured same username would garner recognition--and it apparently worked!

Anyway, I just ordered. I may take an old bike inner tube and cut out a hunk the shape of the stainless bracket, and sandwich it in between as a pad.

Regarding this forum working better, well, yeah in many ways. But one thing I haven't figured out yet is this. There seem to be six Model 3 sub-forums within this forum that I need to separately visit. For example this thread is within "Model 3: Interior & Exterior", and there are four more like that, plus the more general Model 3 stack of threads. If there's an umbrella listing that covers recent stuff in all six, I haven't found it yet...

Yup. I figured same username would garner recognition--and it apparently worked!

Anyway, I just ordered. I may take an old bike inner tube and cut out a hunk the shape of the stainless bracket, and sandwich it in between as a pad.

Regarding this forum working better, well, yeah in many ways. But one thing I haven't figured out yet is this. There seem to be six Model 3 sub-forums within this forum that I need to separately visit. For example this thread is within "Model 3: Interior & Exterior", and there are four more like that, plus the more general Model 3 stack of threads. If there's an umbrella listing that covers recent stuff in all six, I haven't found it yet...

Cool! Yes, for $33.96, I can add some tape or an inner tube to satisfy my OCD as well! Re the forum, what I do is use the "What's New" or "New Posts" to "watch" all threads I posted in or want to read. "New Posts" is mostly, M3 as well. Only when I want to start a new thread, do I pick the right sub forum to post it in. Pretty efficient. I think you will like this place much better than Telsa.com forum (blog)!

Came across this thread, debated for 14 seconds, and bought them. Thanks, all, for the group discount! I'll use some black electrical tape on my black Model 3 where that bolt goes in. That's the only thing that made me screw up my nose a little.