Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grrr... got rear ended.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad they were no injuries. Keep on posted on the repair timeline.
I think I'll need a new rear hatch, and full bumper. Not sure about anything underneath yet. I went to my preferred shop, and they've started putting an estimate together. Since they're not a certified tesla repair shop, they're not sure they can even get parts. I'll probably also take it to a local tesla certified shop and get an estimate there as well.

I think I'll need a new rear hatch, and full bumper. Not sure about anything underneath yet. I went to my preferred shop, and they've started putting an estimate together. Since they're not a certified tesla repair shop, they're not sure they can even get parts. I'll probably also take it to a local tesla certified shop and get an estimate there as well.
Hello,

Was just curious: did you end up going with your preferred non-certified Tesla shop or did you ultimately go with a certified one? Did they essentially replace the liftgate and the bumper? Would you mind sharing what the repair cost was?

Thanks!

Hello,

Was just curious: did you end up going with your preferred non-certified Tesla shop or did you ultimately go with a certified one? Did they essentially replace the liftgate and the bumper? Would you mind sharing what the repair cost was?

Thanks!
My favorite body shop was not able to do the work so I took it to a local Tesla Certified location. I did NOT have to replace the hatch, they were able to straighten it. I also didn't have to replace the bumper. The heavy work was behind the bumper where a section of the body got bent badly which then pinched the wiring harness and shorted a body computer. Parts, parts, paint, labor, etc... final total was around $9k.

Reactions: mborkow and Jack99