Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a Model S owner and was waiting in-line on March.31st to reserve the Model 3. Never expected any special gift, making the cars and delivering them is all I expect. The Thank-you card with the Model 3 sketch was a nice extra gift and I was under the impression that was what Elon meant by "special gift". But based on what I read in this thread, it seems some people with superior "entitlement feeling" expect something more... :confused:

As someone who is preparing to spend substantially more than I ever thought I would spend on a car, in the name of "accelerating the advent of sustainable transport", I'd prefer Tesla not waste any money on thanking me for waiting in line. I'd actually prefer that Elon go back on his word and say that there actually won't be any thanks given to line waiters, than have Tesla spend money thanking me for my loyalty. Tesla already has my loyalty. I wouldn't have waited outside for hours otherwise. If Elon thinks that I need to be thanked, then I think that the thanks needs to be something that doesn't cost Tesla anything. Making Signature Red a paid option for line-waiters would work, but honestly I'm fine with nothing more than getting the car.

As someone who is preparing to spend substantially more than I ever thought I would spend on a car, in the name of "accelerating the advent of sustainable transport", I'd prefer Tesla not waste any money on thanking me for waiting in line. I'd actually prefer that Elon go back on his word and say that there actually won't be any thanks given to line waiters, than have Tesla spend money thanking me for my loyalty. Tesla already has my loyalty. I wouldn't have waited outside for hours otherwise. If Elon thinks that I need to be thanked, then I think that the thanks needs to be something that doesn't cost Tesla anything. Making Signature Red a paid option for line-waiters would work, but honestly I'm fine with nothing more than getting the car.
You are a rare breed.

I am a Model S owner and was waiting in-line on March.31st to reserve the Model 3. Never expected any special gift, making the cars and delivering them is all I expect. The Thank-you card with the Model 3 sketch was a nice extra gift and I was under the impression that was what Elon meant by "special gift".

But based on what I read in this thread, it seems some people with superior "entitlement feeling" expect something more... :confused:

This is the correct answer :cool:

Model 3 surprise gift: Uniquely stylized key card.

Here is mine ... :cool:

IMG_6939.JPG

If it's a free gift then I'm looking to break even.

Since AWD and P are delayed, it might cost me $3750 in a lost half of a federal tax credit that I would have otherwise had as a first day reservation holder if those vehicles were produced from the beginning.

For me, no gift would be greater, right now, than moving up that production timeline as much as possible.