Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gulf Coast Auto Shield review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrcarcrazy

In need of a shrinking gun to zap a plaid with.
May 22, 2019
South Padre Island, Tx
023AA0C6-315C-49FA-8522-7CABFE87BFB0.jpeg FDB1224F-7AD9-43A9-A83D-191F7F93308C.jpeg Just wanted to share my experience with John and the crew (Sergio did the PPF, I don’t remember the tint guys name but he’s badass). Dang. Guess that’s a spoiler alert.

Story time, I drove 6.5hrs to Houston due to reviews on here and elsewhere on the web about John’s fantastic results. They had my car basically the entire day (full tint and frontal PPF +rockers.). John allowed me to drive a car of his around Houston to kill some of the time. I don’t know Houston and don’t really like big cities so I stayed fairly close.

The car looks fantastic, John applied a feynlab product to my windshield which boggles my mind. Bug guts can be removed by dragging your finger over them. Zero effort. (Rather useful for me considering the 6.5hr drive home after sunset.)

I give Gulf Coast Auto Shield 5stars. The quality of work is phenomenal, the staff are friendly and you can tell they actually enjoy their jobs.

I drove a total of over 700 miles for PPF and tint...and I don’t regret that at all.

As of 10/04/2019 for "Model S":

XPEL Ultimate Plus PPF has a 10 year transferable warranty.
A full front with XPEL includes a full bumper, hood, fenders, headlights, and mirror caps. $1550
A partial front with XPEL includes a full bumper, 22 inches of the hood, a matching fender to hood line, and mirror caps.
$899.

We also use XPEL products for our window tint. This comes with a lifetime transferable warranty.

XPEL Prime XR Plus is the most heat rejecting film on the market. The infrared properties really are worth every bit. For 4 windows and the rear window it is $600, not including taxes. Windshield is $225.

XPEL Prime XR is also high in infrared properties, but just not as high as the Plus. For 4 windows and the rear window it is $400. Windshield is $175.​

Thanks, were there no facilities in Corpus? Figured there has to be with mod car market being what it is here.
I’m not sure. I saw this place recommended on the forums and went there.
There’s places that can do clear bras much much closer to me. But I know that the installer is as important as the film being used so I didn’t want to take any chances.