Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guy in a Model 3 gets pulled over because cop thought he mounted a computer to his dash!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What would have been the probable cause here?

I don't know, maybe a computer on his dashboard. Police officers are allowed to be wrong, and not required to know every make and model of a cars interior. He saw a potential danger to other drivers and himself when he saw something he recognized at a passing glance as a computer on a drivers dashboard area. He pulled the driver over. Many states have laws about distracted driving and items in cars dashboard area or hanging from car rear view mirrors.

The officer was quite cordial as was the driver.

Reactions: Watts 4 Me
I don't know, maybe a computer on his dashboard. Police officers are allowed to be wrong, and not required to know every make and model of a cars interior. He saw a potential danger to other drivers and himself when he saw something he recognized at a passing glance as a computer on a drivers dashboard area. He pulled the driver over. Many states have laws about distracted driving and items in cars dashboard area or hanging from car rear view mirrors.

The officer was quite cordial as was the driver.
lol....ok.

I'll drop it. I don't want the thread to get derailed.

What would have been the probable cause here?
As he said, you can’t have a computer mounted to your dash. I don’t know the laws in this jurisdiction, but he seemed genuine in his reason for a stop. Once he realized it was part of the car, it was over.

Seems no harm no foul to me.

Don’t want to turn this into a pro or con Cop discussion, but you couldn’t pay me enough (or pay me the low wage they make) to do that job today. You have the choice to do your job and get beat up for it, or don’t do your job and get beat up for it. Like them or hate them, they can’t seem to Win for losing anymore. Yes, bad cops all over the place. But plenty of good ones that just mean well.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
As he said, you can’t have a computer mounted to your dash. I don’t know the laws in this jurisdiction, but he seemed genuine in his reason for a stop. Once he realized it was part of the car, it was over.

Seems no harm no foul to me.

Don’t want to turn this into a pro or con Cop discussion, but you couldn’t pay me enough (or pay me the low wage they make) to do that job today. You have the choice to do your job and get beat up for it, or don’t do your job and get beat up for it. Like them or hate them, they can’t seem to Win for losing anymore. Yes, bad cops all over the place. But plenty of good ones that just mean well.

lol....ok.

I'll drop it. I don't want the thread to get derailed.