Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

H&R Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking for reviews and feedback on H&R springs. I’ve searched high and low. It’s all Eibach, Eibach, Eibach, and the occasional Unplugged review.

Personally, I’m not thrilled with the stance from Eibach (reverse rake or close to it) and happen to like the very few pictures I’ve seen of H&R springs.

Can someone educate me further on H&R or explain why, comparatively, Eibach are so popular?

Reactions: Freshness
I've run Eibach in a lot of vehicles over the course of 20 years and have always had good experiences with street-perfect ride height and ride quality.
I ran the H&R springs in a Porsche 911 turbo and they provided similar ride height and fantastic OE-like ride quality. Both are great products and I believe it really comes down to brand preference and price. H&R has a higher retail price so I'm sure that's a factor for many when purchasing springs. Photo is right after installation.
IMG_0607.JPG

Reactions: Captndad
H&R was a bit later to the Tesla Model 3 game so not as much for reviews. From the pics I've seen, they look about 1/4" lower than the Eibachs. I had H&Rs and Eibachs on previous cars and in general, find H&Rs to be a bit firmer. Be really interested to see a comparison of the 2 brands for the Model 3. Both are very reputable in the space.

I’ve had both Eibach and H&R on previous cars and have had positive experiences with both. For my M3P I chose H&R because (from what few videos and images I could find) I liked the stance compared to the other spring brands. I’ve been pleased with look and ride of the H&Rs and would do it again for sure. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions. I’ve got lots of pictures from different angles too if it’d help.

I’ve had both Eibach and H&R on previous cars and have had positive experiences with both. For my M3P I chose H&R because (from what few videos and images I could find) I liked the stance compared to the other spring brands. I’ve been pleased with look and ride of the H&Rs and would do it again for sure. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions. I’ve got lots of pictures from different angles too if it’d help.
Post the pics please

Reactions: Captndad

Pics would be very helpful!

+3 for pics. I'm on the fence b/w Eibach and H&R. Thanks!

I have Eibach's but do think the aesthetic is superior on the H&Rs, especially because they appear to drop the front another 0.25" or so to better visually even with the rear. I wish more people had them on model 3s..especially P3D+ so we could better understand downsides (ride quality; potential to scrape, etc.).

That said, I am happy with the Eibach's - so much better visually than stock!!

Reactions: XLR82XS
Thanks @Cyclone1. Good to see more pictures of a performance stock vehicle lowered on H&R. Mind me asking how soon were these pictures taken after installation (miles) and your drivability thoughts? I think they drop is perfect. They look great though I do think spacers are needed.

Reactions: Cyclone1
My neighbour has a 2019 model 3 long range AWD and has H&R springs on his car. Turns out after 100miles on the car his wife doesn’t like the low of the vehicle and wants to revert back to stock. I just bought a new 2021 model 3 standard range + and interested in the springs. Would they fit my car or is it different due to the AWD and rear wheel drive models?