Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hand washing the X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you wash this thing without the damn doors auto presenting? Is the trick to use the app to lock the car, then turn off Bluetooth? I just want to be able to walk around the car in the wash bay as I spray it off, and be able to walk around it while I dry it off, without it continually trying to present the door. I must be missing something…what is it? How do you do it?

I wash mine at home in the driveway. So, I put the key just inside the garage-to-house door. One downside, the mirrors are folded in which makes them difficult to clean. It's a nuisance for sure. But that would be hard to do at a commercial car wash. Next wash, I think I'll try turning off auto present ...

Reactions: m5james
During washing cycle just disable auto door open when you approach. I wash my MX in my driveway and i don't have any issues even went my key fob is inside the car. Set door to unlock but not auto open when you approach the car. This means you have to press the handle to open the door, the car will unlock but the car door will not auto open as you approach the car with the key fob.

How do you wash this thing without the damn doors auto presenting? Is the trick to use the app to lock the car, then turn off Bluetooth? I just want to be able to walk around the car in the wash bay as I spray it off, and be able to walk around it while I dry it off, without it continually trying to present the door. I must be missing something…what is it? How do you do it?
Just stick your key/phone/fob inside the vehicle while you are working on it