Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Handking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had numerous BMWs (Z3s, Z4, 3-series, X3, X5) and Porsches (Boxsters) as well as numerous other cars that handle well (i.e. Miatas). The Model X handling is quite good...very impressive...almost effortless. I put it on par with my Miatas/Boxsters.

If you are planning on buying a Model X new, don't buy it without a referral code which will provide you with $1,000 off your car plus free Supercharging for life. PM me if you would like a referral code.

Andrew

I've had numerous BMWs (Z3s, Z4, 3-series, X3, X5) and Porsches (Boxsters) as well as numerous other cars that handle well (i.e. Miatas). The Model X handling is quite good...very impressive...almost effortless. I put it on par with my Miatas/Boxsters.

If you are planning on buying a Model X new, don't buy it without a referral code which will provide you with $1,000 off your car plus free Supercharging for life. PM me if you would like a referral code.

Andrew

Have any pics of your x?
Obsidian?

Here's mine....Ultrawhite on Deep Metallic Blue...

IMG_0632.JPG
fullsizeoutput_1a6b.jpeg
IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0626.JPG
IMG_0623.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG
IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0617.JPG
IMG_0615.JPG
IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

I love the handling of my X 100D! It does exactly what I want, and is fun and easy to drive. I'm coming from a 2001 Porsche Carerra 4, and a 924 and 944 Turbo before that. I haven't driven the Porsche SUV's. While I'm ready to give up ultimate performance, no way could I put up with 99% of the cars out there now. The SUV height weighs against really pushing it, though I'm getting there slowly. So no thoughts on handling at the limit. I was able to drive a Model S P85+ loaner much more aggressively. Again very fun to drive, but big car with some understeer. And I'm on all-season tires, which can't be anywhere near summer performance tires. But still, absolutely a competent handler. The steering feel is close to the Porsche, but with less feedback from the road. No slop, goes where you point it, no wandering around, a very calm feel to it. Very easy highway driving without using Autosteer.

Reactions: FarmerDave
Looks amazing. Congrats

Thanks. I am a true car guy and even though I've had numerous BMWs, Porsches, Mercedes, etc., my Model X truly is the best car I've ever owned...for so many reasons!

I'm so close to buying a75d but keep hesitating because I don't want to miss out on new updates etc.

What do you think

Well, buying a Tesla is like buying a computer. As soon as you buy one, it is outdated. Right after I got my 90D in June, Tesla killed off the 90D. So, my advice to you is to get the 75D now. Many of the updates are done through software and you will get them. You would be getting a heck of a car.

If you would like, I can meet up with you somewhere in San Diego (at the Supercharger, for example) so you can check out my Model X and ask me any questions that you have. Also, I can give you one of the "Overnight with Tesla" invitations that Tesla Sales has given me. It gives you an extended test drive of a Model S or Model X. The only thing I ask in return is that you use my referral code to order your car.

PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Andrew

^ This member deserves a referral!

However I ask that you try getting an overnight test drive with Tesla first. As much as a nice offer it is I wouldn't want to mess with other people's cars.

Also as an owner of several performance cars (Cayman S, BMW M3), the X handles great! It's as heavy as a boat but it's as quick as a sports car. Very stable.

^ This member deserves a referral!

However I ask that you try getting an overnight test drive with Tesla first. As much as a nice offer it is I wouldn't want to mess with other people's cars.

Also as an owner of several performance cars (Cayman S, BMW M3), the X handles great! It's as heavy as a boat but it's as quick as a sports car. Very stable.

I actually am offering an "Overnight with Tesla" invitation which is from Tesla! I am not offering my own car for an extended test drive. While Tesla has stopped giving out these invites, I still have a few left that my Owner Advisor gave to me. I am willing to share them but only with people who are willing to respond in kind by using my referral code.

Thanks,

Andrew

I actually am offering an "Overnight with Tesla" invitation which is from Tesla! I am not offering my own car for an extended test drive. While Tesla has stopped giving out these invites, I still have a few left that my Owner Advisor gave to me. I am willing to share them but only with people who are willing to respond in kind by using my referral code.

Thanks,

Andrew

I appreciate the offer but I have test driven the x about a dozen times. Definitely going to buy one. Just not sure when. I wouldn't mind meeting.