Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook Tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm reading a lot about the Hankook Ion Evo tyres and having just discovered a nail in one of my tyres, it is forcing my hand to dive in to get all four tyres fitted as they're all approaching the legal limit.

However, i cannot find these anywhere for the 19" rim size

Is it a stocking issue? As time is of the essence, i'm seeing the Michelin PS5 as a viable option for £700 fitted.

Thoughts?

M3LR looking at your previous posts?
The Hankooks get great reviews and would be superior in terms of efficiency (range) but if that's not your primary concern, PS5s would be a fine choice, although personally I feel the gap has narrowed between Michelin and several other manufacturers in terms of overall performance recently.

Last edited:
Tyre supply issues have been ongoing for several years now. Various reasons, but if you can't wait weeks/months to get a particular tyre best to have a shortlist you can chose from. I'm had different tyres every time I've changed with mine.

Reactions: JM_M3
This thread has some info on name changes, they are basically the same

I'm reading a lot about the Hankook Ion Evo tyres and having just discovered a nail in one of my tyres, it is forcing my hand to dive in to get all four tyres fitted as they're all approaching the legal limit.

Is it a stocking issue? As time is of the essence, i'm seeing the Michelin PS5 as a viable option for £700 fitted.

Thoughts?
MY LR I am guessing?
Out of interest how many miles have you done.

This thread has some info on name changes, they are basically the same

That's interesting, especially as on the Hankook website the tread patterns look different.

It's going to confuse a lot of people, that's for sure.

Thoughts?
I had 4 fitted 19 inch for my model Y last week. £755 with Asda tyres for the evo3. Tesla wanted double that. Black circles was 890 for the same tyres.

• Informative
Reactions: Jason71