Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the updated version runs a DSP and a self amplified subwoofer

90932BD6-B7FD-49B8-AE5B-31161B5717A4.jpeg

Hi,
I have a SR+ with already installed back surround speakers.
Yesterday I ordered the “old” professional version (subwoofer, dsp and wires).
Now I see the just released new versions of audio upgrade (every options includes rear speakers which I don’t need).
Which version do you think they will send me? the one I ordered or a new version (for example with the new subwoofer)?
Thanks for your reply

Hi,
I have a SR+ with already installed back surround speakers.
Yesterday I ordered the “old” professional version (subwoofer, dsp and wires).
Now I see the just released new versions of audio upgrade (every options includes rear speakers which I don’t need).
Which version do you think they will send me? the one I ordered or a new version (for example with the new subwoofer)?
Thanks for your reply

The one you ordered. They're still selling that version.

• Helpful
Reactions: HKP_Tom
You need to see if there's a hansshow installer in your area. Check their website. No shop is going to install a competitors product thats 1/3 the price they charge.

@MexiCanuck
Version E is the new performance version. They don't replace the other speakers anymore.
Thanks, I wondered about that. It seems they dropped the price by $200 and dropped two replacement speakers, and added to (for me redundant) rear speakers. I wonder how this is going to work out.

Thanks for the tip about Hansshow installers. Hansshow says there is an installer in Victoria, BC, Canada. I have sent Hansshow a message asking about the installer.

What would you do if you were me? Ask for the “old” professional version or choose the new version? (Consider that I don’t need the two rear surround speakers)
I don’t know if the newer version is really better than the older one.
The new version has active subwoofer and reading on the web is not a good thing.
Please help me choose the right one :(

What would you do if you were me? Ask for the “old” professional version or choose the new version? (Consider that I don’t need the two rear surround speakers)
I don’t know if the newer version is really better than the older one.
The new version has active subwoofer and reading on the web is not a good thing.
Please help me choose the right one :(

The old subwoofer you risk shipping damage to the mdf. If it's broken then you have no chance to secure the subwoofer properly and could cause rattle and sound issues. The new subwoofer is secured via a metal bracket and thus will last forever. As for the passive vs active subwoofer, well that depends on your preference.

The old subwoofer you risk shipping damage to the mdf. If it's broken then you have no chance to secure the subwoofer properly and could cause rattle and sound issues. The new subwoofer is secured via a metal bracket and thus will last forever. As for the passive vs active subwoofer, well that depends on your preference.
So you would choose the newer version?
Do you know if Tesla OEM subwoofer is active or passive?
Do you know why the “version D” has 1 amp and 1 dsp while the version f has only 1 dsp?

So you would choose the newer version?
Do you know if Tesla OEM subwoofer is active or passive?
Do you know why the “version D” has 1 amp and 1 dsp while the version f has only 1 dsp?

I just want the metal subwoofer bracket to be honest! That's the real star of this audio kit. Then I can use Tesla Offer's harness and splice into my own DSP amp and subwoofer enclosure or the OEM subwoofer. I'm not sure what the OEM sub is?