Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you take the picture showing which post you grounded? I see on the Hansshow picture there are two posts next to the power.
Also how did you connect the harness to the new rear speakers? How did you install the new rear speakers in place of the OEM? Thanks

I grounded to the post right next to the power terminal. The kit did activate the rear stock speakers. I did find that I was able to also plug in the new speakers and have them work, but I haven't figured out where, or if I would install these. The point of buying this kit was to do this with as little intrusion to the main car's structure.

Attachments

• IMG_20201113_174950.jpg
    IMG_20201113_174950.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 98
I grounded to the post right next to the power terminal. The kit did activate the rear stock speakers. I did find that I was able to also plug in the new speakers and have them work, but I haven't figured out where, or if I would install these. The point of buying this kit was to do this with as little intrusion to the main car's structure.

Channel 7 and 8 activates the new rear speakers so in theory if you wanted to add more speakers you technically could

Linked in the video description above. Some GitHub link?
Ah, I see the video was updated yesterday while I was working on my car! Found the link here: Hansshow/Model-3-Audio-Verision-E-DSP-software

Also interesting that a pinched cable was reducing the output to the sub! I will have to go through mine again. I put everything in to test before putting everything back nicely. I will try out the DSP software to see what happens. Hope to resolve today and will provide an update later.

These Hansshow rear speakers are assigned as channel 5 and 6?
The harness has the plugs labelled as "OEM rear surround speaker plug A and B", do you use them to connect to the existing stock rear speakers?

These Hansshow rear speakers are assigned as channel 5 and 6?
The harness has the plugs labelled as "OEM rear surround speaker plug A and B", do you use them to connect to the existing stock rear speakers?

Correct. I used the smaller orange clips to plug into the harness at the back passenger seat. Both rear speakers that were from the factory are on and working.

Anyone have suggestions as to what to set the gain,lfe,and bass boost to on the amp? Once the amp is in you won't be able to access very easy.

Low pass filter (LPF) set it around 120Hz for the lower level bass. Don't want any midbass to filter into the subwoofer frequencies. But it's entirely up to your ears. Gain can be used to set to the point where you don't get distortion but you don't have to use it. Bass boost is up to you and your listening preference.

Were you able to put the DSP underneath the central console or under the front passenger seat?

For those of you in the US. How long did it take you to receive your kit. I ordered mine a month ago and have not received anything other than a confirmation email that they received my order and have my money when I ordered. I ordered the original professional kit. I did email them few days ago but have not heard back from them.