Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh and BTW, when driving and this UI is on the screen, what is the proper way to switch to Android Auto?

I do not have much time with this current ver of the APP. Previously when I was using the really really old version, I could not find a way to switch with the F9. So I had to do some really hinky things to get to AA, including pulling off the freeway, stopping on an off-ramp and resetting the damn thing. Or turning off and on BT on my phone, and letting the F9 reconnect. I just gave up on switching to AA while driving. If I need to use Waze, I just have to remember to set the direction BEFORE I start driving.

But to be frank, being able to see the range in miles in front the steering column was the primary reason for spending the money on the F9. (I'm just so used to this on my Model S). Being able to sing karaoke from Youtube while on auto-steer on the 5 Freeway is a nice to have. hehe. Of course Waze is critical when in LA traffic. But it's not critical to have in on AA since it is very usable on the phone.

You might want to ask if Hansshow has an updated file for the FY9-C display specifically because the Tesstudio build is like from March 2024 which is old. Also the Tesstudio UI03 CAN file is old too which is not compatible with the Tesla 2024.20.1 update so the battery icon will be inaccurate. You might want to find an updated CAN file and flash that so that the signals are corrected.
Hi, I wanted to update you on the installation issues of the FY9-C UI on the F9, which have finally been resolved. Recently, I re-installed the IMG (UI02) and CAN (UI03) files from the new UI. Since OTA updates are now enabled for FY9-C, updating it fixed the CarPlay connection issues. I also got the latest CAN file from a different user, so now I can use the F9 with the new UI! Thanks for all the help!

Hi, I wanted to update you on the installation issues of the FY9-C UI on the F9, which have finally been resolved. Recently, I re-installed the IMG (UI02) and CAN (UI03) files from the new UI. Since OTA updates are now enabled for FY9-C, updating it fixed the CarPlay connection issues. I also got the latest CAN file from a different user, so now I can use the F9 with the new UI! Thanks for all the help!
Glad to hear that your F9 display has been restored albeit with the new UI but at least better than a mix mash of working and not working graphics.

Reactions: thanos6stark
I wanted to chime in that the F9 and FY9 can run the same firmwares. The problem is there is no resource file update to restore the images to the F9 UI. Once you update the images to the FY9 UI there is no going back.

I got the FY9 and it had the new UI already installed. I hate that UI and have been working with hansshow support for over a month trying to get the resource update file to restore the images needed for the F9 UI to no avail.

I am going to order the F9 and ditch the FY9 T this point. The UI is horrible vs the F9.

If someone is talented enough to unsolder the memory chip and fill the image files from an F9 I can create an update package to restore those images to any F9 or FY9. Unfortunately that part is beyond my skill set. 😄

I wanted to chime in that the F9 and FY9 can run the same firmwares. The problem is there is no resource file update to restore the images to the F9 UI. Once you update the images to the FY9 UI there is no going back.

I got the FY9 and it had the new UI already installed. I hate that UI and have been working with hansshow support for over a month trying to get the resource update file to restore the images needed for the F9 UI to no avail.

I am going to order the F9 and ditch the FY9 T this point. The UI is horrible vs the F9.

If someone is talented enough to unsolder the memory chip and fill the image files from an F9 I can create an update package to restore those images to any F9 or FY9. Unfortunately that part is beyond my skill set. 😄
I waited for months since the F9 display came out in early Dec 2023 and have been eying it since. When the FY9 display came out, I liked the design of because I liked the top air vents in the FY9 vs the bottom air vents in the F9 which I thought in general the top air vents would provide better passthrough air flow than the bottom air vents. However the FY9 new UI is something that was left to be desired but really loved the F9 old UI. So I was waiting to see if there was a zip file that was available to install the F9 display graphics on the FY9 display so that I can get the best of both worlds.

Ultimately I decided that it wasnt worth the hassle of trying to reverse engineer the FY9 display and looked to see from posts here the effects of flashing the F9 APP files over the new UI and what effects it has. Once I saw it was a PITA, I ordered the F9 display mainly just for the UI and not trying to muck with it. If only there was a way to tap into the F9 display and extract all the source graphics files but then you would also need to know the root folder names to flash the graphic images to for every single function which is way beyond my skill set. I am happy with the F9 display and don't see myself upgrading the display for awhile since it checks the list on everything I could ask for: passthrough air flow, AA/Carplay, front camera functionality, large enough display in 9 inches that mimics the stock Tesla UI.

Reactions: bharathravi14