Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep us up to date on your situation. I really hope that it can be revived somehow. Kinda scary that it happened to you.
Will do...I contacted them through provided phone number and after 3hrs I got my first response...so I'll keep my fingers crossed 🤞

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240624_165656_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240624_165656_Messages.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 20
@Haein
So hold on, you actually installed the files from tesstudio intended for FY9-c on your F9-c? Do you have Android system as well?
I successfully installed the UI01, UI02, and UI03 files distributed by tessstudio. It works well before additional OTA.
I know that the one I installed is for Linux, but I don't know if there is an Android version.

Reactions: flai54 and rhdph1
One thing that i have noticed that was fixed with the 20240618 build is that the phantom "92 psi" tire pressure when you first turn on the car is not present anymore and instead shows a "--" blank so that the low or abnormal tire pressure symbol below doesn't appear anymore until it starts moving a little bit which then grabs the tire pressure info from the TPMS which is good. I just wish that Hansshow can fix the issue of the manual camera activation being too long and reducing it from 5 seconds to like 1.5 secs on the right scroll wheel.

1719285939983.png

• Informative
Reactions: bharathravi14
The current situation...
File distributed by Tessstudio
If you install UI01~03, all UIs will appear normally.
If you do OTA later... problems arise.
You might want to ask if Hansshow has an updated file for the FY9-C display specifically because the Tesstudio build is like from March 2024 which is old. Also the Tesstudio UI03 CAN file is old too which is not compatible with the Tesla 2024.20.1 update so the battery icon will be inaccurate. You might want to find an updated CAN file and flash that so that the signals are corrected.

I downloaded it from the left QR code website. Are you sure you downloaded the APP file correctly connecting to the specific SSID on the QR code screen? Don't bother using the right QR code to install it. Once I download the file, I upload the IVT244.img to my Google Drive so that I can download it to my PC for safe keeping and always install the APP update via USB drive.
This is how I downloaded it. I follow the same steps and upload it to Google drive so I can both have extra copy and move it to a USB drive. I wish they'd rename the file whenever its updated so we can tell the version from the file name.

This is how I downloaded it. I follow the same steps and upload it to Google drive so I can both have extra copy and move it to a USB drive. I wish they'd rename the file whenever its updated so we can tell the version from the file name.
@Panthers1
i feel you and me are same android version.
i download img from QR, and the version is 240519_021101

Reactions: Fahren451heit
I downloaded it from the left QR code website. Are you sure you downloaded the APP file correctly connecting to the specific SSID on the QR code screen? Don't bother using the right QR code to install it. Once I download the file, I upload the IVT244.img to my Google Drive so that I can download it to my PC for safe keeping and always install the APP update via USB drive.
Can you Share the IVT244.img for Android?

I always change the name of the file and add the date temporarily when I upload it to Google Drive until I can put it in a folder name with the date so that I can separate the various versions. I try not to have multiple versions of the IVT244.img on my phone. You just have to make sure you change the file name back to IVT244.img so that the F9 display can recognize it. I have a file comparison tool and can analyze the binaries so I can see what date they mark on the ".img" file.

Can you Share the IVT244.img for Android?
I don't have it. I only have the Linux version of the display. I never got a clear answer from Hansshow if the APP files are different between the Linux and Android versions. I would expect that they would be different since the Android version has the extra Tbox icon.

Last edited:
@Panthers1
i feel you and me are same android version.
i download img from QR, and the version is 240519_021101
Correct for Android F9-C. Scanning the QR code to the left produces this URL:
The QR code on the right is internal IP address 192.168.1.X that allows the screen to grab the file from your phone when you create the hotspot. I think its easier to download and upload via USB with instructions below.

This is the link to downloaded the APP Image for Android version. : https://file.ronghuige.com/8.9_general_android/screen02/IVT244.img
Downloaded file will be labeled "IVT244.img"
You format FAT32 USB
Once formatted create an empty folder called "update"
Place the IVT244.img in the update folder you just created on the USB.
Plug into the USB drive into the USB-C port on the screen and it will auto update.
After the update the screen returns to almost blank screen that will freak you out. No worries, Hold left scroll wheel on the steering wheel to the left until the screen reboots.
Everything should be functional once it boots up.

I am going to reach out to Hanshow support to see if the Android version has a newer update. Thus far its all Android version is working fine on Software 240519_021101 with CAN 3.2.1-L

Attachments

• 20240625_104451.jpg
    20240625_104451.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: rhdph1 and flai54
The QR code on the right is internal IP address 192.168.1.X that allows the screen to grab the file from your phone when you create the hotspot. I think its easier to download and upload via USB with instructions below.

This is the link to downloaded the APP Image for Android version. : https://file.ronghuige.com/8.9_general_android/screen02/IVT244.img
You format FAT32 USB
Plug into the USB drive into the USB-C port on the screen and it will auto update.
After the update the screen returns to almost blank screen that will freak you out. No worries, Hold left scroll wheel on the steering wheel to the left until the screen reboots.

I am going to reach out to Hanshow support to see if the Android version has a newer update. Thus far its all Android version is working fine on Software 240519_021101 with CAN 3.2.1-L
Hmm...I wonder if the link is slightly different for the Linux version. I think it would be good to bookmark these URLs on a computer and routinely check to see if there are new builds that come out. I gotta check what the URL is for the Linux version to see if it is slightly different maybe without the word "_android" or maybe "screen01" instead of "screen02".

This QR code is for the Linux display in case there is a slight difference. When I have a chance I will try to get the URL for the Linux build just to compare if it has a slightly different URL than the Android version.
1719340568836.png

Attachments

• 1719340555195.png
    1719340555195.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
For some reason the OTA update for CAN failed and now the version displayed is blank.
Does anyone has the CAN binary file at hand so I can try to restore it via USB instead?
which CAN binary file are you referring to? Are you referring to the v3.2.1 for the Tesla 2024.20.1 update? What APP build do you have installed? I would suggest installing the 20240618 APP build and the latest v3.2.1 CAN update since the latest APP build has a button configuration for LHD and RHD vehicles.

Eons ago (meaning in January), I did an update on my F9-C (Linux version). At that time, the OTA update did not fix my issues. On this thread I found "MCU升级软件-1053update" and flashed the contents via USB. The updated functionality was good enough so I did not muck with it any further.

Recently, I started to notice some issues and came back here to see if there are any more updates. I re-read the thread and I DLed the "IVT244.img" (version 20240618) from Fahren451heit since I have the Linux variant. As I was copying the img file into the "update" directory on the Hansshow USB stick, I noticed something strange.

The binary image from last and only update is named "IVTMcu.bin" and not "IVT244.img."

Woaah. Something is really weird. I re-read this entire thread and looked at all the posted update files. It seems that all the updates since 2023-12-25 were all "IVT244.img" files. Is this correct? Am I to flash this into my F9? I'm afraid to brick my F9. To be clear, I do not have the FY9 product.

So as not to risk anything, I decided to do an OTA update instead. (The classic shtick of creating a local wifi AP called "car" with PW= 12345678") While it seemed my F9 successfully downloaded something and rebooted, I still have the same old interface. Thinking that the reason why the update is not apparent is because I am so many versions behind, I repeated this several times. But it seems that nothing changes between the purported "updates."

I cannot access the device version screen so I do not know what app version I'm running.

So the long and short of it is: can I just flash "IVT244.img?"

Eons ago (meaning in January), I did an update on my F9-C (Linux version). At that time, the OTA update did not fix my issues. On this thread I found "MCU升级软件-1053update" and flashed the contents via USB. The updated functionality was good enough so I did not muck with it any further.

Recently, I started to notice some issues and came back here to see if there are any more updates. I re-read the thread and I DLed the "IVT244.img" (version 20240618) from Fahren451heit since I have the Linux variant. As I was copying the img file into the "update" directory on the Hansshow USB stick, I noticed something strange.

The binary image from last and only update is named "IVTMcu.bin" and not "IVT244.img."

Woaah. Something is really weird. I re-read this entire thread and looked at all the posted update files. It seems that all the updates since 2023-12-25 were all "IVT244.img" files. Is this correct? Am I to flash this into my F9? I'm afraid to brick my F9. To be clear, I do not have the FY9 product.

So as not to risk anything, I decided to do an OTA update instead. (The classic shtick of creating a local wifi AP called "car" with PW= 12345678") While it seemed my F9 successfully downloaded something and rebooted, I still have the same old interface. Thinking that the reason why the update is not apparent is because I am so many versions behind, I repeated this several times. But it seems that nothing changes between the purported "updates."

I cannot access the device version screen so I do not know what app version I'm running.

So the long and short of it is: can I just flash "IVT244.img?"
I think you are confusing the various types of files and systems that the display houses. If you look at the screenshot below the version info boxes has 4 fields
OS
APP
MCU
CAN

The IVTMCU.bin file has no bearing on the APP and CAN images. To me the APP and CAN files are the most important for any updates. The APP images add/fix functionality and add features (ex: most recently moved the side buttons and added swipe down buttons and added some control buttons). If I had to guess, the MCU updates are only to update the wifi/BT connectivity if there are any problems but that shouldn't need to be updated too often.

The CAN updates are configuring how the F9 display reads the Tesla car info from the CAN bus blue port. If Tesla moved around some car info within the CAN bus that the F9 display currently reads from, you would need a CAN update to fix it so that it works properly (ex: most recently fixed the battery symbol being read incorrectly in the Tesla 2024.20.1 update since the battery percentage info was probably relocated to a different PIN on the CAN bus and allowed the swipe down buttons to function).

The following summarizes what each file type updates to the system.
OS = no files ever to flash to update OS
APP = IVT244.img files
MCU = IVTMCU.bin files
CAN = can_app.bin files

To answer your question, YES you can flash the IVT244.img files but note that it will only update the APP info row to the new version that you flashed and shouldn't touched the OS, MCU or CAN info rows.

1719360769639.png

You format FAT32 USB

First off thanks for the Android version IVT244.img direct link since that helps me compare what the Linux link should look like. I was able to extract the Linux version path from the QR code for convenience. I did a file comparison and the binaries are not similar despite the file size being close in size to each other. Seems like the Android version is one or two versions behind based on the release date which is fine.

It looks like the Linux and Android paths are different so you want to make sure you are downloading the latest APP file for your appropriate F9 display device.

F9 display Linux and Android APP direct download paths for convenience (Not for FY9 displays with the new UI)
Linux (Carplay) version = https://file.ronghuige.com/8.9_general02______/screen02/IVT244.img
Latest version date based on file comparison tool = 20240618 (subject to change in the future)

Android version (thanks @Panthers1) = https://file.ronghuige.com/8.9_general_android/screen02/IVT244.img
Latest version date based on file comparison tool = 20240519 (subject to change in the future)

Last edited: