Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if you want, PM me your email, I can send this "20231225update" to you, received from hansshow thru whatsapp.
1704405842201.jpeg

if you want, PM me your email, I can send this "20231225update" to you, received from hansshow thru whatsapp.
View attachment 1005934
I will PM you, thank you!

Indeed I see your wifi name shows "car" while mine shows "tsllink". I had suspected that and created a wifi network named "tsllink" as well and set the password to "12345678" just for sh**s and giggles, but that didn't work either.

Did Hansshow ask you for any specific hardware/model deets? I just want to be sure if you send me the file it doesn't brick my unit if they have different processors or something like that. I'm assuming they just have two variants, the Linux version and Android version.

So the update seems to have introduced several new gremlins. The biggie is that after putting the car in drive, after a few seconds the display will go blank, then show “No signal”. After another minute the display will come back into CarPlay. You can tap “Car” in CarPlay to exit, and normalcy is restored. It will be fine until the next time you put your car in park, then in drive again. A lesser issue is the clock doesn’t match the car now, regardless of UTC offset. A third is the icon for auto high beams is always on, even if you don’t have auto high beams turned on.

But WiFi connects now. I’ll leave it to you to decide if you still want the update file.

So the update seems to have introduced several new gremlins. The biggie is that after putting the car in drive, after a few seconds the display will go blank, then show “No signal”. After another minute the display will come back into CarPlay. You can tap “Car” in CarPlay to exit, and normalcy is restored. It will be fine until the next time you put your car in park, then in drive again. A lesser issue is the clock doesn’t match the car now, regardless of UTC offset. A third is the icon for auto high beams is always on, even if you don’t have auto high beams turned on.

But WiFi connects now. I’ll leave it to you to decide if you still want the update file.
Oh wow! Those some serious bugs! I’d rather stick to the stable version that works for now. Thanks for calling out those gremlins, hope they can fix them soon!

Oh wow! Those some serious bugs! I’d rather stick to the stable version that works for now. Thanks for calling out those gremlins, hope they can fix them soon!

Good news. Just realized I had a stupid attack. 😂🤣😂

The big "bug" was I failed to realize that after the firmware update installed, the front camera setting defaulted back to on. That explains why I was seeing the problem when shifting into drive and the problem going away after several seconds -- I was accelerating. Once the car was going fast enough, the camera would normally turn off automatically.

After resetting the clock back to UTC + 8, then back to UTC - 5, the clock problem went away and hasn't come back.

So really the only outstanding issue is the auto high-beam indicator which is very, very minor. I sent you a DM earlier for if you wanted to ping me for the file. I feel better about giving it out now knowing it was a PEBKAC and not an issue with the update.

I really should install that camera because in the YouTube videos it seems really nice. In the vids I've seen they make it look like the gromet where you need to poke a hole and run the wire is so readily visible and easy to get to. I took my frunk out and it looked nothing like what I saw in any of the vids. I wonder if maybe the cars they used were all Standard Range/SR+, whereas mine is a Dual Motor Long Range, so there's a a front motor and more wiring beneath my frunk, making it more challenging to find where I need to run the wire.

Last edited:
Reactions: bharathravi14
Does anyone have the new Hanshow 9inch screen with vents that can help me out?

My CarPlay doesn’t automatically connect. I manually have to go into my iPhone and press connect every time.

Also my maps glitch. Doesn’t matter if it’s Waze, google, apple etc. Once I put in a destination it just freezes about 15 seconds at a time! Anyone had these problems or know how to fix?

Thanks!

Is it safe to log into the play Store and update the built in apps? I also want to log into Wayze but have no idea if safe to use my credential. Thanks for the answer if anyone is smarter about security than I am!

I had previously started a chat with Hansshow in WhatsApp, but it took a week for a response -- but they did respond. I had inquired about the lack of wifi, and in the version I had it showed "tsllink". When @maximus96 provided the update file to me, the file provided was the 8.9-20231225 file. Since Hansshow just replied to me, they gave me 8.9_CP_AHD_231226.

The only "issue" I'm having with the 231225 update at this point, since I hooked up the front camera (not an easy task in a 2020 Model 3), is the auto high beam indicator shows all the time. So I'm not necessarily in any hurry to update to the 1226 version. However, if folks here have tried the 1225 version without success, I'm happy to drop the 1226 version and see if it works for you.

8.9_CP_AHD_定制1升级文件二231226.zip

Instructions from Hansshow:
  1. Donwload the zip file.
  2. Extract the contents of the zip file.
  3. Copy the entire "update" folder to the root folder of the USB drive.
  4. Plug the USB drive into the USB-C port on the F9.
  5. The update starts automatically, and the F9 reboots when complete.
It is recommended you use the double-headed (USB-A/USB-C) flash drive that came with the F9. That's what I used and it worked perfectly.

Last edited:
Has anybody been able to change or remove the intro animation?
TL;DR - no

Long answer - Not that I'm aware of. You'd have to have access to Hansshow's original source code to compile a new build and install it. That, or you'd have to crack open the unit to get access to the drive that holds the boot loader and operating system. I don't know if it's an M.2 NVMe or SATA SSD, SD card, or some other storage medium. And it's probably soldered on.

they sent up an update file thru whatsapp. after the update it worked! I can send you the update file if you want, or HS will probably send to you over thru whatspp.

View attachment 1005272
Hi! I am a new member and I would very much like the updated file that fixes the issue. I have been longing them for last 15 days but not success. As I can PM anyone, Maximus96, could you please send me the update file?

Does anyone’s CarPlay automatically connect or do you have to connect Bluetooth every time you get in the car?
Every time I get in. I just got a response from them with two brand new MCU updates (they have sold units with two different MCUs and hence sent two files to try the other if first one doesn’t work) to fix CarPlay not starting. They told me that they are working on the fix and will send me updated file once available. CarPlay stopped working due to some update they sent me earlier to fix bluetooth not connecting automatically.

Updated MCU file is 1053 and 1056 updates and 1053 definitely fixed my CarPlay not starting. I am attaching them here for others to try if their problem is not fixed.

Attachments

• MCU升级软件-1053update.zip
    527.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 老款MCU升级软件1056update.zip
    527.9 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: tyiu
Every time I get in. I just got a response from them with two brand new MCU updates (they have sold units with two different MCUs and hence sent two files to try the other if first one doesn’t work) to fix CarPlay not starting. They told me that they are working on the fix and will send me updated file once available. CarPlay stopped working due to some update they sent me earlier to fix bluetooth not connecting automatically.

Updated MCU file is 1053 and 1056 updates and 1053 definitely fixed my CarPlay not starting. I am attaching them here for others to try if their problem is not fixed.
I forgot to mention that update will stop progressing at 81%. It is okay. Wait for another 20-30 seconds. Remove the usb drive and press left scroll wheel towards left and hold. The display will restart and new update will take effect.

Reactions: tyiu