Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I forgot to mention that update will stop progressing at 81%. It is okay. Wait for another 20-30 seconds. Remove the usb drive and press left scroll wheel towards left and hold. The display will restart and new update will take effect.

On my F9 if I have the unit's Bluetooth enabled (see image), then CarPlay automatically starts almost every time. I turned this off, and only turn it on if I want CarPlay enabled. If I'm just taking the kids to/from school or going to work, I usually don't need CarPlay enabled. If I'm going on a road trip, that's when I really want CarPlay, in which case I'll turn Bluetooth back on.

When I look at the MCU in mine, it's IVT224-20231121_1526. So it would appear there's a date code in there (20231121), but the updates you posted are 1053 and 1056. I downloaded them to examine the files to see if there was other version information in them, because I would be reluctant to update when 1053 and 1056 are both less than 1526. I don't know how Hansshow does versioning, but I would regard 1053, 1056, and 1526 as build numbers.

In any event, since I'm not experiencing any issues with my F9, other than the "auto high beam" indicator always being on, I'm not in any hurry to apply a different version of any firmware or software.

Attachments

• 1705336829044.png
    1705336829044.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 48
On my F9 if I have the unit's Bluetooth enabled (see image), then CarPlay automatically starts almost every time. I turned this off, and only turn it on if I want CarPlay enabled. If I'm just taking the kids to/from school or going to work, I usually don't need CarPlay enabled. If I'm going on a road trip, that's when I really want CarPlay, in which case I'll turn Bluetooth back on.

When I look at the MCU in mine, it's IVT224-20231121_1526. So it would appear there's a date code in there (20231121), but the updates you posted are 1053 and 1056. I downloaded them to examine the files to see if there was other version information in them, because I would be reluctant to update when 1053 and 1056 are both less than 1526. I don't know how Hansshow does versioning, but I would regard 1053, 1056, and 1526 as build numbers.

In any event, since I'm not experiencing any issues with my F9, other than the "auto high beam" indicator always being on, I'm not in any hurry to apply a different version of any firmware or software.
Thank You! I am embarrassed to say that I never saw those icon till you mentioned it in your post!!! 😢. But you are right, keeping that on connects to Bluetooth automatically and CarPlay too. I am a happy man now! Thank you again!

• Love
Reactions: msawyer91
So after a couple weeks of driving with the F9 and 1056 MCU, my main issue is some sort of timeout where after about 20 minutes, the F9 won’t automatically reconnect to CarPlay anymore. The fix for me is to restart the device by press-and-hold left click on the left wheeel. It reboots and carplay connects. Restarting with the pinhole does not reconnect CarPlay. If i leave the car and come back within this 20 minutes or so timeout window, carplay reconnects just fine. At least now I know the workaround. It seems others don‘t have this issue. Maybe it is because of my old May 2020 build. Mine doesn’t have the other issues like the erroneous high beam icon but the blue hill hold icon is annoying and looks like high beam icon in my peripheral vision. I also feel it takes too long to activate the front camera.

Last edited:
Hi all. I bought the F9 Linux primarily to show speed and range in line of sight with the steering wheel. (I can't get used to looking to the center screen). The front camera was not so important to me during the purchase/decision process, but boy, it turned out to be a great feature. So the bottom line is, I am happy with the F9 since it does what I originally wanted.

HOWEVER, after an OTA update, Android Auto still does not work for me. (I would really like to show Waze on the F9). Also I don't know how to change the display to show tire pressure. Has anyone with the Linux version (not the Android version) been able to change display themes (to show tire pressure) and been able to get Android Auto working?

Does anyone know how to read the currently installed firmware version number? I have no idea what I have after the OTA upgrade. I have DLed the above zip attachments in this discussion thread for upgrades via USB. I am hesitant to just randomly install upgrades without knowing what version I have already installed.

Thanks

If you don’t need the front camera and if CarPlay use especially is your priority, check out the new similar size screen from CarThree. I posted a review in the Model 3 section.

After returning my Hansshow F68 due to Bluetooth connectivity issues, I took a good look at the F9. Considering all I really wanted was CarPlay/Waze the CarThree is a much less expensive alternative that so far works flawlessly.
May I ask what bt connectivity had you? were u unable to connect display audio to tesla bt? I'm owning an 8.8 touch display and it no more connect to bt tsla audio since a few month hansshow claiming it s related to tesla no more allowing third party devices except phones to connect ?

@maximus96 : just to report back, your solution worked really well. I was able to get a screen of my current version. It appears that my version (after OTA update) is 20231206.

Of the four updates posted on this thread, three are later versions. The one that is labelled "old version" in Chinese appears to have the same date as my OTA update. Now I need to figure out which to try without bricking my F9.

double check the provided USB stick is formatted as FAT32, and place the "update" folder in the root directory. Mine auto updates once plugged in.

Also whatsapp this person for support. They're more responsive there than email, but it's still long in between responses.
1706312323622.png