Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it required to flash the app before the CAN file or does the sequence not matter?

Do you guys actually use the swipe down function? I don’t have a yoke so reaching thru the steering wheel to wipe down feels a bit awkward.
It does not matter. For me personally I flashed the 20240519 App .img file first just to see if the CAN file was really needed in order for functionality. So after flashing the .img file I saw the new swipe down buttons but was not able to use the right side set of buttons (ex: door function, fold/unfold mirror, passenger seat and battery preconditioning buttons). However the left side set of buttons (ex: bluetooth and AA/Carplay pulldown menu buttons) work since that replaced the previous set of buttons on the main screen. So after I flashed the CAN v2.8 file then sure enough the right side set of buttons door function, fold/unfold mirror and battery preconditioning buttons worked.

Bottom line you need to flash both files but it does not matter what order. Its just that if you flash the app file first then you won't be able to use the buttons.

And the new CAN file and 20240519 App bring back the old Hansshow boot screen instead of the faster red model 3 boot screen? Thanks
It is the faster red model 3 boot screen. I don't know what the old Hansshow boot screen was. Was it the old white tesla that was a lot longer which said "Go Electric" since I didn't get mine from Hansshow and the boot screen was way too long like maybe 7-10 seconds. Personally I prefer a fast boot screen so the red model 3 works fine for me. I always thought people absolutely detested the Hansshow logo boot up screen because it seemed so douchey splattering their logo on there. Does you have video of the Hansshow boot up screen so I know what that looks like?

The CAN file is just to update functionality to allow the swipe down function buttons to work. The IVT244.img APP file is the main meat and potatoes that brings all the new changes and most importantly a consistent version build screen.

Last edited:
I will never fun any firmware from Hansshow that has their advertising logo on it.

They are just another drop shipper with a really good marketing team to make it seem like they build any of the products they sell...they don't.

Buy cheaper from aliexpress and talk to the vendor who gets new firmware for you directly from the manufacturer without any stupid company logos of any kind.

Reactions: flai54
When you try the front camera you'll see what I mean. But I am usually in Carplay so if I have maps up and I need to see the directions right away it is annoying. And I also forgot to mention that the front camera goes away automatically at 20mph. 20mph is pretty fast to get up to when you're in a parking lot situation. You could also press the right wheel leftward to get out of the camera but then it brings you back the HUD rather than Carplay. And for those who are OCD it by pressing the right wheel leftward it also increases the tesla following distance for autopilot at the same time.

So again it would just be great to have them remove front camera activation upon going into D. It literally does not need to activate going into D.

The FY9 is cool but I really dont like the overall look of it. I think the speaker holes in the front make it look really tacky and not OEM. But again just my opinion. And yes the stupid diffuser air redirect thing was a joke and honestly make the airflow worse than without it my opinion. And you could move the steering wheel down but I think you're going to find there really is only one optimal spot you can adjust your steering wheel to so you don't cut off any parts of the F9 display by the steering wheel. Luckily I didn't have to adjust much actually once I got the screen. But some people who like the steering very high or low might have to adjust.

I'll find time later to post the firmware and you are correct it's for the Linux version. I bought mine from "For Your Car And Moto Store" but again it doesn't matter who honestly. I think they all have the contact for the main manufacturer and can ask them for new firmwares.
I have been using the display for about 2 weeks now and yes I agree with you that the front camera not going away until 20 mph is ridiculous. Honestly it either shouldn't pop up when switching to "D" at all or it should just be capped off at 5 mph max and then turn off. But I prefer not having it there because having all the unnecessary transitions between camera and stock UI/AA/Carplay is just not necessary.

20 mph is not a speed that your vehicle would be at to make use of the front bumper camera....it would defeat the purpose. The purpose of the front bumper camera is to help with parking which you should be no faster than 5 mph. Hopefully they will fix this issue and deconflict it with the Front Camera toggle in Settings.

I have been using the display for about 2 weeks now and yes I agree with you that the front camera not going away until 20 mph is ridiculous. Honestly it either shouldn't pop up when switching to "D" at all or it should just be capped off at 5 mph max and then turn off. But I prefer not having it there because having all the unnecessary transitions between camera and stock UI/AA/Carplay is just not necessary.

20 mph is not a speed that your vehicle would be at to make use of the front bumper camera....it would defeat the purpose. The purpose of the front bumper camera is to help with parking which you should be no faster than 5 mph. Hopefully they will fix this issue and deconflict it with the Front Camera toggle in Settings.
Glad you agree with me because I just couldn't believe it when they programmed it this way.

As I stated before the ideal method for me anyway is, have the front camera come up automatically if this unit can detect that tesla goes into "parking mode". When it does, more likely than not, we'll be in a parking lot looking for parking and won't care if it goes away from CarPlay screen, etc.

Easy fix...have them put in a toggle to disable camera when going into "D" but not disabling the camera completely. Even changing it to 5mph is stupid in my opinion because why would I need the camera turning on when I go into DRIVE.

For the front camera to be useful they really need to change the manual activation to maybe 1 to 1.5 seconds MAX. Try it and tell me what you think. It takes literally like 3 seconds to manually activate the front camera by holding the right scroll wheel. Completely ridiculous.

Glad you agree with me because I just couldn't believe it when they programmed it this way.

As I stated before the ideal method for me anyway is, have the front camera come up automatically if this unit can detect that tesla goes into "parking mode". When it does, more likely than not, we'll be in a parking lot looking for parking and won't care if it goes away from CarPlay screen, etc.

Easy fix...have them put in a toggle to disable camera when going into "D" but not disabling the camera completely. Even changing it to 5mph is stupid in my opinion because why would I need the camera turning on when I go into DRIVE.

For the front camera to be useful they really need to change the manual activation to maybe 1 to 1.5 seconds MAX. Try it and tell me what you think. It takes literally like 3 seconds to manually activate the front camera by holding the right scroll wheel. Completely ridiculous.
I agree the manual front camera activation duration can be reduced slightly so it doesn't conflict with a single press function of the right scroll wheel. Personally I don't think a "parking mode" can be implemented with the read only data capabilities from the CAN bus. I also agree that the cleanest way to deal with the issue is just remove the functionality completely. Just thinking of it from a code perspective, all they have to do is just remove the lines of code where it tells the display to not activate the front camera when set to "D". I don't think it really should be an option in general so that they don't have to muck with the "Front camera" toggle to add an if/else case. I can't think of most people that would want that feature anyways.

What I don't want is anytime I get into speeds under 5 mph such as waiting at a traffic light or bumper to bumper traffic for the camera to turn on. I could be wrong but I doubt the front camera has multiple sensitivity settings to understand when it is in a parking lot. I think the only display that I heard that might have a "parking mode" was the old 10.25" display but that is because that display in their settings had multiple settings for front camera sensitivity and probably the hardware camera was capable of that. Not sure if the current cameras that were provided in the package support this feature so I would rather not have it.

I am perfectly content with just manual activation of the front bumper camera functionality so I can determine when I need to make use of the camera. I just don't trust that they would implement the feature correctly to factor in all types of scenarios because not every parking space has lines (ex: if you are parking on the street or if the parking lines are not very clear). But still at the end of the day im not losing sleep over this feature and if they implement the suggestion, great....if not then oh well.

But keep pressing the folks you talk with on AE to see if they can get them to fix the firmware.

Last edited:
Reactions: yyyl
I agree the manual front camera activation duration can be reduced slightly so it doesn't conflict with a single press function of the right scroll wheel. Personally I don't think a "parking mode" can be implemented with the read only data capabilities from the CAN bus. I also agree that the cleanest way to deal with the issue is just remove the functionality completely. Just thinking of it from a code perspective, all they have to do is just remove the lines of code where it tells the display to not activate the front camera when set to "D". I don't think it really should be an option in general so that they don't have to muck with the "Front camera" toggle to add an if/else case. I can't think of most people that would want that feature anyways.

What I don't want is anytime I get into speeds under 5 mph such as waiting at a traffic light or bumper to bumper traffic for the camera to turn on. I could be wrong but I doubt the front camera has multiple sensitivity settings to understand when it is in a parking lot. I think the only display that I heard that might have a "parking mode" was the old 10.25" display but that is because that display in their settings had multiple settings for front camera sensitivity and probably the hardware camera was capable of that. Not sure if the current cameras that were provided in the package support this feature so I would rather not have it.

I am perfectly content with just manual activation of the front bumper camera functionality so I can determine when I need to make use of the camera. I just don't trust that they would implement the feature correctly to factor in all types of scenarios. But still at the end of the day im not losing sleep over this feature and if they implement the suggestion, great....if not then oh well.

But keep pressing the folks you talk with on AE to see if they can get them to fix the firmware.
Yeah I agree I'm not sure if it's possible for it read through CAN bus if tesla is in parking mode. But I know it's not just based on speed for the tesla since it reads for parking spaces for it's own tesla vision to activate. Or was this only a FSD feature...not sure.

Either way I agree maybe it's easier to ask them to just remove the line of code where it activates when going into "D". I think most would agree theres no reason for it to do this...ever.

And ask them to change manual activation time to maybe half at 1.5 seconds.

this is what I currently have linux

Attachments

• 20240607_072108.jpg
    20240607_072108.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 9
Just wondering, did you use Hansshow usb included in the box? After the blackscreen, I took the usb plugs into my computer. It couldn’t read the usb, also my computer required to format it. I think that cheap usb it broke down the data when it was updating.
@Huy La Ba
you do not need try fix usb anymore.because the reason is not the usb disk.
the system boot flash is down.
need to connect the hardware and reflash the boot image.
best way is resend it back to flash....
they had send me a video to do it, but i think it is to danger.....
1717765030805.png

1717765095357.png

1717765128743.png

1717765168375.png

1717765196738.png

@flai54
i get the repaired F9, this is the version of app .View attachment 1054348
but i do not know why the yellow waring icon keep in screen....
View attachment 1054349
The yellow symbol is the tire pressure symbol. When you first enter your vehicle and in Park status for some reason the tire pressure measurement is inaccurate and assumes the tire pressure is always at 92 PSI which is why the yellow tire pressure symbol warning shows up since that it is way above the limits of the tire.

However when you put the car in "D" drive mode pay attention to the tire pressure gauge window and you will see all 4 tires are set to 92 PSI but as you drive for like 5 seconds it will quickly grab the correct tire pressure to say 42-44 PSI depending on what your current tire pressure and the yellow icon will go away.

@flai54
thank you very much!
just a little scared, is this can 2.8 is working with android version?
tow times refactory...
CAN v2.8 = 仪表协议软件增加新功能CANupdate_v2.8.zip
The CAN update is agnostic of Android version or Linux version. All the CAN does is update how the signals between the car and the display work so that shouldn't differ between Android and Linux versions. The App update (IVT244.img) file is what is different between the Linux and Android versions and from my understanding the only difference between the Android and Linux version is that the Android version has the Tbox icon and the Linux version does not.

The CAN update is agnostic of Android version or Linux version. All the CAN does is update how the signals between the car and the display work so that shouldn't differ between Android and Linux versions. The App update (IVT244.img) file is what is different between the Linux and Android versions and from my understanding the only difference between the Android and Linux version is that the Android version has the Tbox icon and the Linux version does not.
i had updated the can_app.bin from this link.
the F9 display only show the time now...
everything is disappeared...

Now i really need a android version CAN...2.8

Last edited: