Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reached out to the Hansshow guys and they provided me a CAN file fix for LHD cars that fixes that battery percentage for users on 2024.20.1. I don't want to post it here yet since I won't be able to delete the post after 1 hour in case there were any issues. I am personally not on 2024.20.1 so I wasn't able to verify the file.

Feel free to PM me and I can give you the link to the CAN file update for 2024.20.1 for LHD cars. It sounds like from what I have read and talked with some folks that the CAN file update doesn't work with RHD cars.

Once it has been confirmed that the battery percentage CAN file 20.1 fix works then I will post it here.

New June Update is online via OTA.
20240618 & CAN fix

Update June

IMG_3296.jpeg

Last edited:
With the newer app versions, it is also possible to update the CAN independently. As there are different CAN versions, I would always let the device select the correct one. And yes, everything works when you update the CAN file. (Tested with M3 Highland and MY22.)
That didn't answer the question directly but I assume you use the CAN OTA button to update the CAN file to v3.2.1 instead of via USB.

With the newer app versions, it is also possible to update the CAN independently. As there are different CAN versions, I would always let the device select the correct one. And yes, everything works when you update the CAN file. (Tested with M3 Highland and MY22.)
Updated my F9 screen with the new APP and CAN files and it seems to have fixed the % SoC issue where it wasn’t in sync with the Tesla screen! I still need to drive to make sure it updates as the battery drains but it’s looking good so far!

The new app version has also added a cool function in the swipe down menu to select RHD/LHD option where it reverses the functions for door opening on the left side and for moving the left passenger seat for RHD cars which is a very nice feature they’ve added for all us RHD users here in Australia! Can’t complain. 🙂

• Informative
Reactions: flai54
Updated my F9 screen with the new APP and CAN files and it seems to have fixed the % SoC issue where it wasn’t in sync with the Tesla screen! I still need to drive to make sure it updates as the battery drains but it’s looking good so far!

The new app version has also added a cool function in the swipe down menu to select RHD/LHD option where it reverses the functions for door opening on the left side and for moving the left passenger seat for RHD cars which is a very nice feature they’ve added for all us RHD users here in Australia! Can’t complain. 🙂
Hi, could you confirm you have the same version can and app as me? I don’t seem to have the option to select RHD or LHD for doors :(

Attachments

• IMG_0919.jpeg
    IMG_0919.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0918.jpeg
    IMG_0918.jpeg
    458.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone,
So couple of days ago I installed the f9c with the Android system on 23YLR and it was working fine with camera and everything. It was a bit of the challenge to figure it out how to actually use this thing since no instructions/manual was provided but I finally figured it out. So after changing the time zone, Ui and and dark mode, I got to the Android side of things, and I downloaded Waze, setup Netflix etc. On some YouTube video I spotted that a person was swiping on the screen to the left and some icons showed up, but of course I could not get that to work, so I decided to check out the OTa (what a mistake!) I followed the prompts on the screen and now I stuck in the logo booting screen. I tried flushing, pulling the power cord off and nothing helps. It's just a crazy 2min loop
Screenshot_20240621_093746_Clock.jpg

This screen never shots off, Tesla is down and power off, F9 keeps on going in the loop like Duracell bunny

Before I started the process I took the photo of the screen
1000000496.jpg

1000000494.jpg

to compare later what changed after the update...and now I'm here looking for help.
I even managed to talk to Hansshow, but I was told my screen stop working because of the newest tesla update and they will have a fix in about 2weeks time. What a bunch of bull! BTW. I'm currently on 24.14.9sw
I hope I can post that short video to reflect my issue
1000000476.jpg

So the above is of the qr code on the box itself

Any idea how to pass the boot screen?
BTW.
The Bluetooth connections for AA (carkit-a5e8) and Tbox (AndroidBluebird) are active

Thx in advance!

Attachments

• e1c5ce5b-1eb1-4eb6-a39d-76fa50fe9ea7-1_all_20.jpg
    e1c5ce5b-1eb1-4eb6-a39d-76fa50fe9ea7-1_all_20.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 2
Were you able to get an update on this on getting the F9 old UI firmware files from anywhere? Maybe TesStudio has the full F9 UI firmware files?

Can you describe what issues you get when you mix UIs between the F9 old UI and F9 new UI?
Unfortunately, no. I switched to the old UI with new UI firmware as the base files because the new UI was taking too long to connect to CarPlay and required several restarts. With the old UI, it connects to CarPlay instantly, but it does not display the car images (check images below, drive mode and park mode). While this is just a visual issue, the main problem is that the camera does not work with the hold right button wheel. In the new UI, the camera is included in the main menu scroll (along with Pressure, Camera, CarPlay, Android, Settings), but in the old UI, the camera option is not included in the main menu scroll. I hope future updates from Hansshow will add this feature so I can start using the camera.

Attachments

• IMG_1452.png
    IMG_1452.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1451.png
    IMG_1451.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
Unfortunately, no. I switched to the old UI with new UI firmware as the base files because the new UI was taking too long to connect to CarPlay and required several restarts. With the old UI, it connects to CarPlay instantly, but it does not display the car images (check images below, drive mode and park mode). While this is just a visual issue, the main problem is that the camera does not work with the hold right button wheel. In the new UI, the camera is included in the main menu scroll (along with Pressure, Camera, CarPlay, Android, Settings), but in the old UI, the camera option is not included in the main menu scroll. I hope future updates from Hansshow will add this feature so I can start using the camera.
Thanks for some of the pictures of what happens when you mix match the UI files. So in park mode you can never see your car and in drive mode you cannot see the color of your car?

So in this mix mash of old UI app with new UI base graphics, you are not able to manually activate the front camera? I know the new UI has the option to turn on front camera via main screen scroll but I would have expected the new UI still allows you to manually activate the front camera via holding on the right button wheel. That sucks. I am with you in that I hope they add the front camera option as a main menu scroll option. But I also think they need to change the manual activation duration from like 5 secs to like 1.5 secs. It seems too ridiculous to hold the right scroll wheel for 5 secs just to activate the camera. That seems like it would be a quick software fix to change 1 field from like 4-5 secs to like 1.5 secs.

Hi everyone,
So couple of days ago I installed the f9c with the Android system on 23YLR and it was working fine with camera and everything. It was a bit of the challenge to figure it out how to actually use this thing since no instructions/manual was provided but I finally figured it out. So after changing the time zone, Ui and and dark mode, I got to the Android side of things, and I downloaded Waze, setup Netflix etc. On some YouTube video I spotted that a person was swiping on the screen to the left and some icons showed up, but of course I could not get that to work, so I decided to check out the OTa (what a mistake!) I followed the prompts on the screen and now I stuck in the logo booting screen. I tried flushing, pulling the power cord off and nothing helps. It's just a crazy 2min loop

This screen never shots off, Tesla is down and power off, F9 keeps on going in the loop like Duracell bunny

Before I started the process I took the photo of the screen
View attachment 1058762
View attachment 1058760
to compare later what changed after the update...and now I'm here looking for help.
I even managed to talk to Hansshow, but I was told my screen stop working because of the newest tesla update and they will have a fix in about 2weeks time. What a bunch of bull! BTW. I'm currently on 24.14.9sw
I hope I can post that short video to reflect my issue
View attachment 1058753
So the above is of the qr code on the box itself

Any idea how to pass the boot screen?
BTW.
The Bluetooth connections for AA (carkit-a5e8) and Tbox (AndroidBluebird) are active

Thx in advance!
So in the recent software fixes (May 2024 software releases and beyond), the buttons on the side got replaced with the swipe pulldown buttons from the top of the screen like in the screenshot below. Since you showed that your software build is APP = 20240519 then your side buttons are now on the pulldown buttons. Again you were watching youtube videos that were done months ago and yes at the time the buttons were on both sides but now they are swipe down buttons.

Ignore the QR code sticker on the side of the display....its complete garbage that shows what the display might have been loaded with but it doesn't matter at this point. Its OBE anyways. I am not sure what you mean by stuck on logo boot screen. Have you tried flashing an older build just to restore the display in a good state?
1719100988575.png