Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know what additional benefits you get with the Android system but for driving I think the Linux version is fine because all you really need is Carplay/AA and the default theme UI if the reason why you got the front display. I guess someone can argue and say that having the Android version allows you to sideload apps like maybe Youtube or something else but I don't see the purpose of it. I still would use my phone to bluetooth any music/youtube audio via my phone which serves the same purpose.

I haven't had the F9-C display for that long but it seems to be pretty reliable I think. Certainly there can be firmware fixes to fix some things. The boot time is really quick like maybe 7-10 seconds. I haven't read as a major issue that the F9-C display constantly reboots.

I took a look at the 10.25 inch display installation and it is a complete nightmare having to hook up so many cables and to the battery. Not to mention the cost of the unit is insanely overpriced even on Aliexpress. I personally think the 10.25 inch UI looks crappy compared to the F9 9 inch display which one of the themes looks more stock Tesla.

Thanks for the feedback. I order the F9-C with Android. Hansshow support gave me a discount on it and Linux was marginal price difference.
Hansshow support also provided updated firmware and MCU for my 10.25 and have not had any issues since. They where kind enough to send a new cable as well as they thought it was possible cable issue? I am planning on installing the F9-C and reselling the 10.25 if the F9-C works out for me. Thanks for the feedback and I will post back once installed.

Reactions: flai54
Yes, I did. I tried to reboot, turn off, and get out of the car but the screen’s still with blacklight on. It seems to try reboot by itself :(.
have you done a firmware update before and know how to structure your USB stick folder? Also what size USB stick, file system and allocation unit size did your format your USB stick?

Have you tried flashing the previous 20240515 build that I had posted to see you can reset your device in a known state. I have personally flashed the 20240515 and 20240519 build files with no issue and so have others. Not sure exactly what is going on and your screenshot isn't really of much use unless you provide more details of what you exactly did.

have you done a firmware update before and know how to structure your USB stick folder? Also what size USB stick, file system and allocation unit size did your format your USB stick?

Have you tried flashing the previous 20240515 build that I had posted to see you can reset your device in a known state. I have personally flashed the 20240515 and 20240519 build files with no issue and so have others. Not sure exactly what is going on and your screenshot isn't really of much use unless you provide more details of what you exactly did.
Yes, I have updated it before. It was success update with can_app.bin. After I updated with IVT244.img, it rebooted by itself, then now it stuck at the blackscreen light bootload over over. Even though I still keep to plug usb stick, but nothing happens :(.

You can see the video here:
What are you trying to show right here? Are you trying to flash a new file? Or just showing the reboot problem. I don't think I really need to see the reboot problem since that is self explanatory and it is very poor lighting not showing what is going inside the car cabin. I think what is more important is what did you do leading up to this issue. Perhaps you didn't wait until 100% before the app you pulled the USB stick? There has got to be something that is triggering this infinite boot. Have you tried reflashing some firmware build which doesn't have to be the 2 that I posted. Until you provide more details I am going to have to assume this is a user error problem because clearly there have been several others that have used the firmware files I provided including myself and had zero issue with flashing the IVT244.img file.

What are you trying to show right here? Are you trying to flash a new file? Or just showing the reboot problem. I don't think I really need to see the reboot problem since that is self explanatory and it is very poor lighting not showing what is going inside the car cabin. I think what is more important is what did you do leading up to this issue. Perhaps you didn't wait until 100% before the app you pulled the USB stick? There has got to be something that is triggering this infinite boot. Have you tried reflashing some firmware build which doesn't have to be the 2 that I posted. Until you provide more details I am going to have to assume this is a user error problem because clearly there have been several others that have used the firmware files I provided including myself and had zero issue with flashing the IVT244.img file.
I’m trying to show here the screen reboot over over again as the video when I get into my car. I tried to plug usb stick same IMG file again but it didn’t do anything, it just show blacklight screen.

Before this happened, I updated with can_app.bin, it was totally fine after first reboot. Then I continued to update with IVT244.img, it reboot by themselves, then it stopped at the blackscreen as the video.

I know when it was updating I didn’t touch or took out usb. I updated successfully many firmware before with H7, and F9. I don’t why with this firmware IVT244.img, I got into trouble. Anyway to hard reset or factory reset?
So you 100% guaranteed that it flashed to 100% with no issue like it didn't freeze halfway through the process? I doubt flashing the CAN file first would do anything. As far as I can see the CAN update is just to enable new functionality and is required to use the pulldown screen buttons in the 20240519 update. What software build were you coming from before you tried flashing the 20240519 build? Did you try flashing the 20240515 build?

I would probably reach out to Hansshow via Whatsapp and upload your video and ask them if they have some files that they can send you to "factory reset" the device. Not sure what is going on but this seems very odd that all of a sudden it stopped working. Like I said before the files I posted do work but not sure how your USB stick is formatted.

I know to do a soft reset of the Hansshow display you hold left in the 9 o clock position on the left scroll wheel for like 5-10 seconds and it should reboot.

So you 100% guaranteed that it flashed to 100% with no issue like it didn't freeze halfway through the process? I doubt flashing the CAN file first would do anything. As far as I can see the CAN update is just to enable new functionality and is required to use the pulldown screen buttons in the 20240519 update. What software build were you coming from before you tried flashing the 20240519 build? Did you try flashing the 20240515 build?

I would probably reach out to Hansshow via Whatsapp and upload your video and ask them if they have some files that they can send you to "factory reset" the device. Not sure what is going on but this seems very odd that all of a sudden it stopped working. Like I said before the files I posted do work but not sure how your USB stick is formatted.

I know to do a soft reset of the Hansshow display you hold left in the 9 o clock position on the left scroll wheel for like 5-10 seconds and it should reboot.
How do you flash with blackscreen stopped at bootload? Just plug usb in with the IMG file when it reboot? I tried but it didn’t work. Did it work before with you?

When updated with IVT244.img, I saw screen It was running app updating to 100% then it reboot to blackscreen itself.

I tried basically soft reset but it didn’t do anything. It just keeps freeze at blackscreen until it reboot by itself.

oh no...
i had meet this twice, only to send it to factory to reflash the device...
the hansshow tech customer service is cold desert... and poor service attitude....
good luck...
Just wondering, did you use Hansshow usb included in the box? After the blackscreen, I took the usb plugs into my computer. It couldn’t read the usb, also my computer required to format it. I think that cheap usb it broke down the data when it was updating.

Attachments

• IMG_5858.jpeg
    IMG_5858.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 9
How do you flash with blackscreen stopped at bootload? Just plug usb in with the IMG file when it reboot? I tried but it didn’t work. Did it work before with you?

When updated with IVT244.img, I saw screen It was running app updating to 100% then it reboot to blackscreen itself.

I tried basically soft reset but it didn’t do anything. It just keeps freeze at blackscreen until it reboot by itself.
Just wondering, did you use Hansshow usb included in the box? After the blackscreen, I took the usb plugs into my computer. It couldn’t read the usb, also my computer required to format it. I think that cheap usb it broke down the data when it was updating.
Try using a different USB drive and see that it is formatted to FAT32 with 4096 allocation unit size. I didn't use the USB drive that you are holding since it didn't come with one. That USB drive is nothing special. Again maybe you download the IVT244.img file incorrect. Have you tried redownloading the file and doing a file comparison to see if the binaries match.

Was the flash drive even formatted correctly? You said you have done this many times before and it boggles me why you are not using the same USB drive to do all your firmware updates or at least know how to set it up

I had a spare 4 GB USB drive that I have used in the past to load firmware. I was able to flash the IVT244.img and the latest CAN.bin file successfully and so have others and when it finished flashing the firmware it rebooted the display just fine and had no issues. I am not exactly sure what the hell is going on with your display and you are just barely piecemeal providing info that most people would have provided the full story by now.

Last edited:
Try using a different USB drive and see that it is formatted to FAT32 with 4096 allocation unit size. I didn't use the USB drive that you are holding since it didn't come with one. That USB drive is nothing special. Again maybe you download the IVT244.img file incorrect. Have you tried redownloading the file and doing a file comparison to see if the binaries match.

Was the flash drive even formatted correctly? You said you have done this many times before and it boggles me why you are not using the same USB drive to do all your firmware updates or at least know how to set it up

I had a spare 4 GB USB drive that I have used in the past to load firmware. I was able to flash the IVT244.img and the latest CAN.bin file successfully and so have others and when it finished flashing the firmware it rebooted the display just fine and had no issues. I am not exactly sure what the hell is going on with your display and you are just barely piecemeal providing info that most people would have provided the full story by now.
Lol, I think you didn’t meet this situation before. I contacted to Hansshow Tech Support. They told me the mainboard is broken while updating, they will replace it, peace out.

are all these updates only available thru contacting them?

I got my screen back in December and only did one update manually maybe in jan? it's been pretty solid since

was wondering if there was really any new things added, just saw they added the swipe down shortcuts

I guess a few pages back. that's pretty cool

I'm on Linux btw, android version wasn't even out yet when I got mine

are all these updates only available thru contacting them?

I got my screen back in December and only did one update manually maybe in jan? it's been pretty solid since

was wondering if there was really any new things added, just saw they added the swipe down shortcuts

I guess a few pages back. that's pretty cool

I'm on Linux btw, android version wasn't even out yet when I got mine
Yeah I posted the latest Linux firmware files here with each enables the swipe down shortcuts. I contacted Hansshow on Whatsapp initially for the 20240515 build but the great thing is starting with that 20240515 build the OTA update button menu was revamped and now allows you to download the latest file via a QR code which you can then upload to yourself and flash via USB.

To answer you question you need to flash the App (.img) and the CAN file to get those to work in the post I referenced. The latest CAN v2.8 file is what allows the functionality of those swipe down buttons.