Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow or Evoffer for 2022 model x power frunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the EVO frunk and have had issues with it, but it works well enough. Kind of expensive for what it is. I have some posts about it. I've also voiced my opinion regarding the lack of a proper mounting solution for the ECU. They literally tell you to zip tie the ECU or stuff it in the firewall.

I also have the EVO frunk and I’m very happy with it. It’s an easy install but the instructional video is p.poor. There is no worthwhile instruction for mounting the controller, they don’t even try.
But there is a place to stuff it, and the frunk works great, I use it every day and have never had a problem.

I had one issue with the the EVOffer unit for my 2021 MSLR. When Tesla service was replacing my yoke they disconnected the battery. After everything was done I got a call as they said the frunk wouldn't close. I had them find the EVOffer frunk controller and press the reset button to make it work again.

I had one issue with the the EVOffer unit for my 2021 MSLR. When Tesla service was replacing my yoke they disconnected the battery. After everything was done I got a call as they said the frunk wouldn't close. I had them find the EVOffer frunk controller and press the reset button to make it work again.

BTW this happens because the controller becomes "out of sync", it thinks the frunk is closed when it is actually open. It can also be fixed by manually closing the frunk (like in the old days), then it will open normally.

I just had the most incredible customer service with EVoffer. I have had their frunk kit in my MX 2016 for a year, but now it suddenly stopped working. The little red LED in the controller was solid lit, while it should be blinking.

I messaged them in telegram, which is their only supported channel at the moment (sucks a bit?). Anyway they responded immediately and first told me they will send me a replacement controller for free. However a few minutes later he asked "hey wait a bit, could you check the ground connection".. Sure enough, that was my problem. The ground bolt had corroded so it no longer conducted properly. I cleaned it and retighened and everything is fine again. Huh.

He said the most reliable place for ground is the 12V battery minus, but I really hate wires going there..

I have the EVO frunk and have had issues with it, but it works well enough. Kind of expensive for what it is. I have some posts about it. I've also voiced my opinion regarding the lack of a proper mounting solution for the ECU. They literally tell you to zip tie the ECU or stuff it in the firewall.
Hi which issues did you hehe with EVOffers frunk?