Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hardwiring Uniden R3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked. The mirror tap stays off when you open the app without getting in the car. It also stays off when walking by the car with the fob so the handles extend. The power comes on when you open the door. It shuts down a few minutes after exiting the car. Remember, this is a model S.
Good to know. Easy enough to probe the line to check on the 3.

Does this source stay off if the car wakes up? I thought I read it changed over the past year. What about the center console cig lighter? I just want a source that stays off and doesn't turn on if the car wakes up.
I tapped the cigarette outlet in my 3. It comes on immediately with any interaction with the car. I will probe the mirror to see if it stays off per Prof posted above, but he has a Model S, and I suspect the 3 is different. My guess is every 12V circuits in the Model 3 will come live whenever the car is awake.

Good to know. Easy enough to probe the line to check on the 3.

I tapped the cigarette outlet in my 3. It comes on immediately with any interaction with the car. I will probe the mirror to see if it stays off per Prof posted above, but he has a Model S, and I suspect the 3 is different. My guess is every 12V circuits in the Model 3 will come live whenever the car is awake.
Agree, the Model S operates differently with the Model 3