Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2nd Install attempt from mobile service...

Of course the spoiler didn't fit.. this whole experience has been surprisingly frustrating.

Props to the mobile installer for checking first now before sticking it on and making a call not to put it on because there was no way in hell it was going to work.

Attachments

• 20190509_092936.jpg
    20190509_092936.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Informative
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
No Joke, a manager straight up told me to expect aftermarket quality from the part and that ones installed at the factory aren't any better.........

Jeez slight lift on passenger side after a couple of days. I give up and will live with it unless tesla comes out with a redesign.

View attachment 404761

I feel like i'm the only one still waiting for this thing...did you guys have to reach out to Tesla?

Probably. I never got notified. I had to reach out

2nd Install attempt from mobile service...

Of course the spoiler didn't fit.. this whole experience has been surprisingly frustrating.

Props to the mobile installer for checking first now before sticking it on and making a call not to put it on because there was no way in hell it was going to work.

@Zoglog,

That’s Horrendous. It’s getting to the point of ridiculousness.

Ski

Nope. I’m still waiting as well. A few more months and it will have been a solid year. Frustrating reading guys having their cars a month have theirs.

I sent them a note on the "request help" section of the website and heard back within an hour, but they didn't have any actual information besides thanking me for my patience. I feel so much better now :rolleyes:

Nope. I’m still waiting as well. A few more months and it will have been a solid year. Frustrating reading guys having their cars a month have theirs.

Ski

TBH it's probably better to let them work out these issues... It's been worse for me with dealing with trying to get mine to look ok

Just salt on the wound since I could buy the exact same car for 2k less after taxes and rebates than I paid last year lol. Plus it would have come with FSD instead of EAP only

SC in Brooklyn installed mine today; I'm going to pickup tomorrow and see how they did. Wasn't able to pick up this evening because the glass replacement (rear glass fracture) required overnight curing.

Just got mine back this morning from SC. Was raining so didn't check very carefully. Just had a quick check of the corners.

Corners are stuck nice and flush but the center is horrendous. Can get 2 key cards and a credit card, stacked under the leading edge all across the center. Water, wind, grit, leaves just going to get blown indeed there and make a horrible mess.

So I guess they are going to need to fit it again!

How they think that is acceptable is beyond me.

Local Mobile Service told me they have never received a rear spoiler with the revised part number and most of them they receive do not fit properly. Maybe they are being sent all the previously rejected ones ? Anyway, I'm number 22 on the waiting list for the rear spoiler with the updated part number. The wait continues ........

Reactions: is2scooby
I've just arrived back from the Tesla dealership. They placed my spoiler on my Performance Model 3, and it was a great job.

Kudos to the Tesla NYC team took care to install the spoiler properly and even gave the car a hand wash (I skipped the badge) Looks great!

Spoiler - 01.png
Spoiler - 02.png
Spoiler - 03.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 10.08.23 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 10.27.15 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
View attachment 406191 View attachment 406193 View attachment 406194 Just got mine installed at the Raleigh SC this morning. It’s pretty good, but I just got it, so will report back after a few days. SC said the jigs weren’t done well originally. I asked if this was the original spoiler or a revision. He replied it was a revision to the original.
You should be able to see on your Invoice what version they installed for you. I got a 0 dollar invoice because I had other work done at the same time.

Mine was installed yesterday by mobile service. It was a really nice fit but on the passenger side it did lift by 2mm. The tech told me to push it down once it was warmed by the sun. It was small so I figured I would try a great gun. I heated the area until it was hot to almost not touch, held it down until it cooled, then taped it in place. Removed the painters tape and boom.... It was seated. Will see if it stays that way.

Reactions: aspec818