Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Set the appointment on the app about 3 weeks ago, told them I need my spoiler and badge added (not knowing how they would respond to that) in addition to the other issues I had. Got word yesterday when service was done that it was installed. I got it done at service center in Costa Mesa

Has my second mobile re-install appnt today. The tech ripped off the spoiler in a method I’ve never seen before but apparently it works. He sprayed glass cleaner on the gaps, wet a rag and slid it back and forth between the gaps to pry it off. It came off with some adhesive leftover which he cleaned with alcohol.

The tech came with three spoilers to test fit. The first spoiler we tested had exactly the same flaw as my first one. The left side couldn’t seat flush and was raised. The second one seemed fine and I gave him a hand in the install. This one installed WAY better and both sides of the spoiler bite into the trunk lip if that makes sense. Hopefully it stays that way the next few days. Btw, both spoilers are the revised 00 part numbers so even if you get a revised one, it may still not seat correctly. Make sure the installer test fits them. Manufacture date was 2/25/19 on both of them. Also, the spoiler doesn't appear to have an orientation and seems to work any way. It appears identical on the top and bottom of spoiler. The tech had it upside down (according to the manufacture sticker) initially when we test fit the spoiler. When I mentioned it, he flipped it back around. Maybe some install issues were due to the orientation, maybe not. But anything to ensure a better fit.

831217C7-0CE1-487F-B6C0-A01D3CDBFF68.jpeg
E37A5DB6-89A6-42B6-B1EC-B8FB12D986D8.jpeg
9D8892EC-7622-45AF-8D05-8CFB810D57F5.jpeg
0C67FDFE-C569-4C01-8568-27C6D7E03C50.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: is2scooby
does your passenger side look like that? i think i remember you saying yours stayed put. the 3m adhesive is still on the car but corner of the spoiler wants to pull away from it. driver side stayed completely flush.
Yes, it's not visible unless you get up extremely close like your photo. It's a non-issue for me. The adhesive does not extend all of way to the tip, so there will always be a small gap at the extreme tips.

Set up an install appt for the third time. This time instead of telling me the spoilers aren’t ready, they called asking if they could send a mobile service person out instead of going into the Fremont SC. I’ve got a mobile appt set where I work in SF for Thursday. Fingers crossed.

On my third spoiler now, while it is a perfect fit the edges are beginning to lift a little. I do wonder if it is due to less vhb tape material around the edges.

I am toying with the idea of taking it off and replace all the vhb with BMW Betalink instead. It might provide a much better fit and stick better

If you are in San Diego and still waiting for a spoiler, go ahead and set up an appointment at the new SC in Kearny Mesa. I got mine installed yesterday. The Trade PL SC kept telling me that Tesla will contact me when they have it. I've just had my car over a month though so I guess I got lucky.

If you are in San Diego and still waiting for a spoiler, go ahead and set up an appointment at the new SC in Kearny Mesa. I got mine installed yesterday. The Trade PL SC kept telling me that Tesla will contact me when they have it. I've just had my car over a month though so I guess I got lucky.
You definitely jumped the line. They contacted me to get my spoiler installed at the Miramar location a few weeks ago. I got the car 6 months ago though.