Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my spoiler a week ago. Not sure if this was posted here but don’t call or email them for it. Schedule service through the app and in the comments say that you want your spoiler installed. Most SCs have some in stock. They don’t contact people proactively but if you do it this way they’ll likely do it for you.

I bought my car in September 2018 and every email I sent about it I got a reply telling me to wait. I scheduled service through the app and got my spoiler within a few days..

Attachments

• 37E14729-1AD3-47F9-8F32-6BE4424255D4.jpeg
    37E14729-1AD3-47F9-8F32-6BE4424255D4.jpeg
    347.7 KB · Views: 142
Got my spoiler a week ago. Not sure if this was posted here but don’t call or email them for it. Schedule service through the app and in the comments say that you want your spoiler installed. Most SCs have some in stock. They don’t contact people proactively but if you do it this way they’ll likely do it for you.

I bought my car in September 2018 and every email I sent about it I got a reply telling me to wait. I scheduled service through the app and got my spoiler within a few days..

Looking good! And thanks for the tip about not calling and scheduling a service appointment instead.
Does your spoiler show any signs of not sticking property and any edges?

I just tried that, and here is the answer I got by e-mail:

We currently do not have this part in stock and we have no ETA of when we will receive them.
We will contact you when we do.

Respectfully

Very Disappointing.

has anyone received a reason why we are getting close to 8 months for the early orders? carbon fiber is not a limited resource like plutonium. i am not buying supplier issues, find another supplier. i have seen installation issues, are they still testing? this really makes no sense to me.
At this point they are just working through the backlog I imagine. New cars have them, they will get to us eventually I guess.

just got my spoiler replaced for a 3rd time. this time they said they added a layer of some sticky adhesive to the trunk, on top of the adhesive on the spoiler that's already there, and also used some new fitment tool to place it rather than eyeballing it like they had the previous 2 times.

will update after 24-48 hours.
So you are the one eating up all the spoilers! Save some for us!

just got my spoiler replaced for a 3rd time. this time they said they added a layer of some sticky adhesive to the trunk, on top of the adhesive on the spoiler that's already there, and also used some new fitment tool to place it rather than eyeballing it like they had the previous 2 times.

@TANGO SUKKA,

Why are they eyeballing it? I was under the understanding they had jigs.....for BOTH sides.

Ski

My second spoiler has begun detaching on the left side, so it looks like I'll have to get it replaced yet again. I was waiting for a new revision of spoiler to come out so that hopefully this next one would be my final spoiler installation.

Have you noticed a different part number or revision on the spoilers? I remember seeing that the ones being installed were prototype spoilers.

My second spoiler has begun detaching on the left side, so it looks like I'll have to get it replaced yet again. I was waiting for a new revision of spoiler to come out so that hopefully this next one would be my final spoiler installation.

Have you noticed a different part number or revision on the spoilers? I remember seeing that the ones being installed were prototype spoilers.
Didn't look. Still waiting for service order paperwork.. maybe it's on there.

edit: part: M3 Rear Spoiler, Carbon (1455166-00-A)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DDotJ

Thanks for putting in the time to work through it with Tesla. Even though they're not always on the same page internally, I still want to believe we'll all benefit from their learnings.

The mobile service guy came and got it installed pretty quickly. He wiped it down, blue-taped on two purple jigs that line up on the tail light/trunk edge and the truck edge/quarter panel gap. I asked him to fit it on first and looked pretty good. I don't have gaps between the piece and the car. I'm happy for now, as long as it stays stuck on properly.
Spoiler - Left.jpg
Spoiler - Right.jpg