Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Any P3D+ Owners Gotten Carbon Fiber Spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting....CA Costa Mesa delivery on 9/2018.......
Really? My delivery was also 9/18 and I've already had 3 spoilers. Did you try scheduling it with Mobile Service with the Tesla app? Every time I scheduled with Mobile Service they had spoilers on hand for installation.

On the contrary, when I tried to get my spoiler fixed at the Costa Mesa service center, they told me that it was handled my Mobile Service and sent me to them.

Really? My delivery was also 9/18 and I've already had 3 spoilers. Did you try scheduling it with Mobile Service with the Tesla app? Every time I scheduled with Mobile Service they had spoilers on hand for installation.

On the contrary, when I tried to get my spoiler fixed at the Costa Mesa service center, they told me that it was handled my Mobile Service and sent me to them.

I've asked for a spoiler during every service visit (and through the mobile app) on the following months
11/2018
12/2018
01/2019
02/2019 - Attended the badge/spoiler install day and they turned me back while 2 buddies got theirs installed....
03/2019
04/2019
Hey no service visits in May!
06/2019
07/2019

As you can see.....I've been trying.....

I've asked for a spoiler during every service visit (and through the mobile app) on the following months
11/2018
12/2018
01/2019
02/2019 - Attended the badge/spoiler install day and they turned me back while 2 buddies got theirs installed....
03/2019
04/2019
Hey no service visits in May!
06/2019
07/2019

As you can see.....I've been trying.....
Wow, luck does not seem to be on your side :eek:

You even went to the spoiler and badging event and got turned away?

To be fair, it's been a nightmare to get one to even fit properly. I had Tesla Mobile come out twice to fix the one put on from the spoiler and badging event. The mobile service tech couldn't find one that fit properly, we tried all 5 in his truck. He made a few calls and another Mobile Service van pulled up and delivered about 5 more spoilers. Only one of them fit.

He said that the spoilers were "the bottom of the barrel spoilers" and that the good ones were already on other vehicles. He said that Tesla sends the defective ones back to the supplier. And he also said that the ones that are rejected are sometimes accidentally reloaded onto the service vans as well.

Maybe Tesla is sorting out the spoiler nightmare and only fixing problematic installs? That explains being stopped in the In n Out parking lot a few weeks ago, someone asked me how on earth I managed to get a spoiler installed on my car o_O

This doesn't bode well for HW3 retrofits....

Picked up my P3D in early December 2018. Still no word from Tesla. Does any one know if the Salt Lake service center has the spoilers yet?

I imagine the SLC service center must be getting them in slowly since I just had mine delivered during a service visit, for another issue, in Boise; I did have to ask if any were available though. I’m almost certain our mobile tech’s receive their parts from SLC since that’s the service center I was directed to when I purchased TPMS sensors for my winter wheels. I wouldn’t expect Tesla to call you to schedule an appointment though, so it’s probably best to keep checking in if you’re wanting the spoiler sooner rather than later. Good luck!

My spoiler with part number ending in 00 that was delivered in April fits perfectly and shows no signs of lifting.

The only difference is that I installed my spoiler myself with no special tools. I stupidly pulled off all the red tape backing before setting it in place but somehow managed to get it on there perfectly.

Attachments

• 20190717_130028.jpg
    20190717_130028.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 20190717_130033.jpg
    20190717_130033.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 20190717_130046.jpg
    20190717_130046.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 20190717_130056.jpg
    20190717_130056.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: KenC
Got my spoiler and badge installed yesterday by a mobile tech. He said the latest batch has been much better and confirmed that the issue is inconsistencies with the spoiler, not the trunk.

He did a dry-fitting and it fit perfectly, no lifting at all. Then he took the protective sheet off and stuck it down. Time will tell, but I'd be surprised if it lifts at all based on the dry fit.

Reactions: sleevin