Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has any S been driven to shutdown? (other than Broder's)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An ex-coworker was ribbing me about my roadside assistance coverage after he spotted this on 101 a couple of weeks ago - not sure if this was brodering, some mechanical failure or something else:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361030885.022071.jpg

Ha! I'll bet that is my above referenced buddy's car! He Brodered it a couple of weeks ago and his is brown (as is mine) which is what that car appears to be. He lives in Santa Clarita so could have been on the 101-- I'll have to ask him.

I have gotten towed in a flatbed though. I had 3 miles left of range and about 9 miles to go until the next charger, so I called roadside to be safe.
If you call that safe, that is...

Well you didn't drive it to shut down though, and according to the original definition, it's not exactly brodering.

And in context, the trip where it happened was very, very tough. Probably much tougher than a vast majority of EV owners have experienced or will ever experience. You only ended up in that situation because you really were not able to find a 220V station nearby that worked (110V was worthless). In comparison Broder had a cake walk and still managed to screw it up.

Last edited: