Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone driven a MR 3 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of people have, but nobody seems to have a real review up. Would like to see a properly instrumented 0-60 under ideal conditions.

General consensus is that it’s quick, but not as quick as the LR, otherwise it’s the same car.

I pickup mine tomorrow, but only sat in a 3 in the showroom, so I won’t be able to compare.

Lots of people have, but nobody seems to have a real review up. Would like to see a properly instrumented 0-60 under ideal conditions.

General consensus is that it’s quick, but not as quick as the LR, otherwise it’s the same car.

I pickup mine tomorrow, but only sat in a 3 in the showroom, so I won’t be able to compare.
Can you update us after your pick up would really appreciate it!

Yes, our roommate has one. We even directly compared the acceleration to our AWD Model 3. They go about the same from a dead stop, but the AWD rapidly gains ground above 30 MPH. We also compared our AWD to a P and the P takes off like a rocket.

It has very good power. Just going for a ride in the passenger's seat, I couldn't discern much of a difference between it and our car ... it's smooth and deceptively quick.

Too soon to tell on the efficiency, as he only has 1,000 miles on it. We did test Supercharging and it can do triple digits (over 100 kW) when the battery is warm.

Yes, our roommate has one. We even directly compared the acceleration to our AWD Model 3. They go about the same from a dead stop, but the AWD rapidly gains ground above 30 MPH. We also compared our AWD to a P and the P takes off like a rocket.

It has very good power. Just going for a ride in the passenger's seat, I couldn't discern much of a difference between it and our car ... it's smooth and deceptively quick.

Too soon to tell on the efficiency, as he only has 1,000 miles on it. We did test Supercharging and it can do triple digits (over 100 kW) when the battery is warm.

What about feel if the car, grip and weight does AWD feel and drive better?
There’s $7k spread , and reading the AWD efficiency folks are posting the range gap may be 30 miles or so if that.

Hmm

Reactions: KS88
What about feel if the car, grip and weight does AWD feel and drive better?
There’s $7k spread , and reading the AWD efficiency folks are posting the range gap may be 30 miles or so if that.

Hmm

The rear wheel drive definitely has RWD characteristics through corners, while I think the AWD feels a little more neutral and more planted. On a wet corner, both can kick the rear end out a bit under power.

I did a mock-up trip from DC to Grand Rapids in an AWD vs a MR and the MR takes an additional 30 minutes to get there, according to A Better Routeplanner, which isn't, but it ends up if you take lots of trips, particularly in cold weather.

Last edited:
Picked my my MR today, it’s a blast to drive. Plenty of punch all the way up to highway speeds. Very nimble feel.

I think we're going to need more details and some 0-60 times! I saw some youtube comments on a MR3 that they were under the impression the actual 0-60 time of their mid range was sub 5 seconds, but that they didn't have a legit recording device in the vehicle.

Reactions: intenost
Only have the “butt-dyno” for results. I could try a phone app, but I’m not sure how accurate they are.
My best comparison point is a 2010 Camaro SS, that will do 0-60 in 4.8 and 420hp. Well, the MR doesn’t feel quite as fast (certainly less vilolent, ha!) as that, but it’s not too far off. The instant tourqe, no shifting and scilence, makes the MR feel more impressive.
Other than the Camaro, I’ve had SUVs and a 4 cylinder Accord. Obviously the MR blows away the Accord and SUVs in driving dynamics.
Unless you’re coming from a higher end sports car / sedan, I’d wager the MR is faster and more fun to drive. Even if the MR is slower to 60, you probably won’t notice/care due to the inherent EV benifits.