Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone actually have FSD v12 yet?

Do you have FSD v12 yet?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys you don’t want this. 2018 M3 with HW3 and the speed limit is a major issue. It’s unusable. I had it set to 56 on a rural road with speed limit of 50 and it wouldn’t go over 39. I pressed the accelerator and it would full regen all the way back to 39 immediately and uncomfortably. Turns feel good and I can sense there is a lot of underlying improvement, but this speed limit issue is a major bug. Wait for the point release.

It slowed for the yellow then sped up when it turned red. I let it go through because there were no cars moving into the intersection. I wanted to see if it would still stop but a little too late but nope. It went right on through. V11 occasionally did this too at this one particular light. Nowhere else.

By any chance was there another signal a bit further down the road that changed to green?

I have hardware 3. It downloaded 100%, but it's been displaying the updating spinning circle for about 45 mins now :(.

Whew.... took a longgg time, but finally got to the point where I had to confirm the install. Took almost an hour to do the entire install. But it's in there.

Pretty sure they were forced to go to plan b and dump v11 and the code-based system entirely. v11 was never going to cut it. I really disliked it, and I am sure I was not alone.

Just did my first drive on V12.3 and any time I have it on my left turn signal is engaged. I cannot turn off the left turn signal. The second I disengage FSD I can turn off the left signal. I did a reddit search and apparently this is an issue with some 2018 dual motor model 3s. So, it's basically unusable for me at this point. Yay.

Guys you don’t want this. 2018 M3 with HW3 and the speed limit is a major issue. It’s unusable. I had it set to 56 on a rural road with speed limit of 50 and it wouldn’t go over 39. I pressed the accelerator and it would full regen all the way back to 39 immediately and uncomfortably. Turns feel good and I can sense there is a lot of underlying improvement, but this speed limit issue is a major bug. Wait for the point release.
This was my conclusion from reading other reports too. I don't mind waiting another couple of months as long as I don't have to deal with this speed limit annoyance.

Same with mine. Looks like a lot of users on HW4 have had the same issue. I hope Tesla is aware...

I made a service appointment and they send me .8 again (the one I was already on) and then when I mentioned that I had problems with .25 they just shrugged and closed the request as they said there was nothing else they could do...
I just finally got mine into the Service Center we will see what they say or try to convince me that it is my issue.

Reactions: DDotJ
I just finally got mine into the Service Center we will see what they say or try to convince me that it is my issue.
Okay, they looked at my car and they fixed it after "reconfiguring" Infotainment Bank A that had a Fail Count: Failing on return of the car I checked in Service Mode if Bank A was fixed and it was. They also made sure to install 2023.44.20.25 FSD v12.3 Today, the next day my car had a new update of 2024.3.6 FSDV12.3.2.1 able to download and install cleanly. Took a little while to install but finished successfully.

I have to say the latest version 2024.3.6 FSDV12.3.2.1 is impressive compared even to V12.3. Hope everyone has the same great experience.

Reactions: DDotJ and Skavatar
My vehicle (2023 S) has Advanced Autopilot...not currently subscribed to FSD. It just had 2024.3.6 installed.

Does anyone know if the "free month" of FSD is normally granted in a few hours / days after the software install?

12.3 definitely has nags, more than autopilot. I get rare camera nags but lots of steering wheel nags even when my hand is on the wheel. I even got a strike today with my hand on the wheel. I think there's a problem with my sensors. I don't think clicking the volume/speed wheels makes it go away anymore, which was the best way for me to let my car know my hand is on the wheel.

Reactions: Skavatar
12.3 definitely has nags, more than autopilot. I get rare camera nags but lots of steering wheel nags even when my hand is on the wheel. I even got a strike today with my hand on the wheel. I think there's a problem with my sensors. I don't think clicking the volume/speed wheels makes it go away anymore, which was the best way for me to let my car know my hand is on the wheel.
I did another drive today to test things out. Volume/speed wheels do work to eliminate a nag. I'm getting better at applying pressure to the steering wheel without disengaging FSD. Still get nags when my hand is on the wheel though.

I have virtually no issues with nags. (HW4 S with Yoke). Just resting my hand on the lower portion of the yoke pretty much eliminates any nags for me. I drove on FSD 12 about 6 hours yesterday and was nagged maybe 5 times.

It's possible the yoke makes this easier (due to where the hand rests) or maybe HW4 vehicles have a better sensor / mechanism to detect the torque.

I don’t know where you guys drive. V12.3 still turns on the signal to change lanes, gets timid, and turns it right off, confusing drivers around me and getting me honked at. V12.3 still sometimes stops a whole car length short of the car in front when waiting for the light to turn green. I don’t see the whole approaching level 3, 4 or whatever thing.

Hey Friends,

I'm just curious if any of us have actually gotten v12 yet.

Thanks!
I've been using FSD in my model 3 for a year and half. At the beginning it was pretty primitive, I often held my breath as an intervention became necessary. With each OTA software release, it got better. In fact, version 11 worked quite well. Yesterday I downloaded version 12.3.3, the improvement was off the charts; it didn't only allow four separate trips without any interventions, but the operations were so smooth, I felt like there was a chauffeur driving the car.

THIS!! ^^^ Both of my cars are on 2024.3.10 and speed limits on non-US highways (like paved county highways, paved township roads, and some state highways) is a major failure!! I am frequently limited to 35 or 40mph on nearly all county highways in Minnesota which are generally assigned a 55mph speed limit. This makes AP and FSD nearly unusable or significantly handicapped for about 50% of my driving.

I have had to disable FSD on my FSD equipped car, just so I have access to TACC on single pull. Until this speed limit issue is resolved, FSD is worthless to me.

Reactions: Huntfortelsa