Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone had any luck changing order via phone/e-mail?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone changed their order via phone call/e-mail? If so how long did it take for the config change to come through on the website? I live in southern California, non-owner, reserved 12/25/17, configured AWD 6/29/18 (Sep-Nov delivery window), and then called on 8/7/18 to change to P-AWD. They suggested I do it via email so I sent email to change order same day (10 days ago) and even after a couple phone calls since then including reassurance it is gonna happen, manager contacted, etc. website still says old order config. Have been told by multiple phone reps to not change the order online so that they can 1) ensure I don't get extra fees for changing 2) ensure I get free supercharging/premium connectivity confirmed on the order, but it seems like I'm sitting in line for a car I no longer want while not in line for the car I do want, and I just worry the delays could push me past the end of the year for delivery. Maybe I'm too worried? Just aggravating when everything is so...unclear.

I did. Config on 6/28, edit button went away almost immediately for me so when the white interior came out I had to do it via email. Called in and they sent me an email to reply to.

Requested on 7/24
First written acknowledgement of change received 8/8
They made a few screw ups but finally got a chance a correctly updated order on 8/10

I didn't get hit with a change fee, and I was also told premium connectivity would be based on when I originally configured, not the final date of the order agreement. I did regular AWD and not P so I'm not sure on the free supercharging, but my guess is it's a similar scenario.

Personally I don't feel you're worried over nothing. I'm somewhat irritated at the lack of transparency from Tesla that's just leading to rampant speculation. In their defense I think this is just a growing pain and at the end of the day I think they'll do the right thing, but that's oviously no guarantee of anything and no less frustrating.

Thank you for the reply - sounds like the delay I'm experiencing then isn't too abnormal. I have read about another one or two people who did change via email/phone and it showed up pretty quickly though, so who knows. I agree about the lack of transparency, it just seems like it shouldn't all be this difficult. The new checklist is definitely a step in the right direction though! Hopefully I get some more info today.

Changed my order to premium white interior by email on Aug 8. (No edit button so when I called Tesla they told me I have to do it by email). As of today, August 17, the change has still not shown up in my account. I called Tesla again this morning and the rep told me that she doesn’t see the change in my account but that “they are very behind in making changes”. She told me that someone would call me back to follow up.

Far from confidence inspiring.

Changed my order to premium white interior by email on Aug 8. (No edit button so when I called Tesla they told me I have to do it by email). As of today, August 17, the change has still not shown up in my account. I called Tesla again this morning and the rep told me that she doesn’t see the change in my account but that “they are very behind in making changes”. She told me that someone would call me back to follow up.

Ahhh sounds like we are in similar boats. Misery loves company! :) I don't mind the delay itself at the end of the day, what bothers me is not knowing anything about how this affects the order... I decided on a different car 10d ago yet I'm still visibly "waiting" for a different car than I want, assumedly further delaying when I will actually get the car I've already decided on. Just seems unnecessarily difficult, especially since I'm assuming on their end it's a few clicks and it's done too.

Update after talking to phone rep: He assured me (multiple times) that on their end, the right people got notified and the order has been changed and shows my order configured for the Performance AWD but that the website is not updating in sync yet and they're working on that issue. I feel like an annoyance kinda ha but again he reassured me extensively that the next step will consist of someone reaching out to me when "my" car is nearing availability to finalize the rest of the terms and delivery and that the order is in-fact changed despite what the website says. So maybe the same thing's happening all around! Anyway, guess I'll try and chill out for a little bit...emphasis on try. o_O:oops: