Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone had their Tesla HV battery replaced? If so, why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used 2015 MS 70 under warranty. Had it towed to SC in Jan 6th. Estimated completion date is 2/4/22. I had an issue with it at 50 miles one time, tesla SC did a reset which seemed to work at first, but I drove it down to 60 again to develop some confidence in the lower mile range but from there it told me battery charge limit reduce and to see SC. Been just on UBER credits since no loaners are available :(. Have considered to sell it once it's replaced...

It's not limited to the S.

Google for stuff like this:
site:teslamotorsclub.com "model 3" pack failed
site:teslamotorsclub.com "model 3" pack replaced
site:teslamotorsclub.com "model 3" battery failed

For the above, replace "model 3" with other strings like "model x", "model y", "model s"

Too bad almost nobody adds data points to Battery Survey « Plug In America any longer.
Great, Thank You!

I have a 21 model 3 LR with 6000 miles on it. It is currently in service to get the HV battery replaced. Tesla is installing a refurbished unit. I had error message indicating maximum range and charge reduced. Over the next couple
Days max range reduced daily. After a over the air diagnostic from Tesla service they called to bring in the next morning a week before scheduled appt. I have a loaner model 3 which is nice but no time table for the repair.

22568D04-020C-4E9D-A121-89544E04B805.jpeg