Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone noticed a huge drop off in service re Melbourne SC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While Tesla is selling cars like hot cakes right now I’m afraid that for a number of people it may be their first and last Tesla if that sort of service ends up being what they experience. While us Tesla fanboys will willingly accept that as “growing pains” the average consumer out there won’t and will never buy a Tesla again and will tell all their friends about their experiences as well to put them off too.

Sadly Elon and Co just don’t seem to be making it a priority despite saying otherwise. The service situation across the globe seems to be the No1 big issue everyone is talking about...yet instead of doubling down on it he’s tweeting about stupids things like adding buttons to the navigation to take you to “random fun places”.....seriously???

I know that for some things it takes money to hire new employees to increase service....but there is probably a lot of other things they can improve smartly without huge cost...And the fact that they have let go some of what appears to be exceptional technicians shows how short sighted current management is....these are employs with tonnes of experience who will now be replaced with people that need to be trained...which not only costs more money but also gives a very poor experience to customers.
Sorry cant agree. The service we get from tesla in Adelaide is at another level. Sure we dont have a flashy lounge or a supercharger out front, but it’s so much better service than any european brand offers in Adelaide.

Surely there was little or no cost to allow the service lounge to remain available while charging outside business hours.
The initial ideals behind our purchase was the joining a community that enjoyed the support of the Tesla brand. Sadly these ideals are diluting as time goes by.
As above the availability of new entrants into the electric car market may influence our purchase when the time comes to replace our MX.
So do other brands offer you a 24 hour free drinks free toilet use free petrol lounge?

T
The point is Tesla did, it was part of the package when we purchased. When one refuels an ice car it does not take 45 minutes and yes there are coffee and toilets at most service stations, most of which are open 24 hrs.
There are a few nice cafes near the Richmond supercharger. With toilets and real coffee, not some crappy Nespresso. And all superchargers I have seen are close to shopping malls or nice eateries. Although they are probably not 24/7

The point is Tesla did, it was part of the package when we purchased. When one refuels an ice car it does not take 45 minutes and yes there are coffee and toilets at most service stations, most of which are open 24 hrs.
No a free 24 hour lounge was never offered in any documentation. Tesla made a commitment that it would install charging infrastructure located near community facilities such as bakeries to support local businesses. They made a commitment that they would not support petrol stations with charging infrastructure. Tesla are striving to make charging fast, and have never said in any of its sales documentation that the current cars can be filled in the same time as a fossil car. They have said they are striving toward that. Indeed I argue that its less time, as I charge at home and dont have to stand around. Besides the freshly roasted coffee at my place is better.
When I visit melbourne the wife and I always go to church street to browse the furniture shops. There are some very good cafe’s on that road. Enjoy them.

Sorry cant agree. The service we get from tesla in Adelaide is at another level. Sure we dont have a flashy lounge or a supercharger out front, but it’s so much better service than any european brand offers in Adelaide.

Don’t worry that will change soon. Once Model 3 numbers start building then reasses it again, especially in the bigger cities like melbourne and Sydney. They are moving from a niche luxury car maker to a mass market vehicle all while slashing costs and laying off staff. The writing of what will happen is on the wall purely on that.

To be honest I don’t really see the need for a lounge like others want (sure it’s a nice to have but I don’t realistically see it continuing from a cost perspective)

FDAC6E29-205F-4F3D-B5CD-751BF6AFC314.png
89103A3B-33C3-4EA2-95B5-934C87D66B98.png
Images for USA and Australia....we are indeed a non-prioritized market for Tesla.

Reactions: houdini
I agree that we aren't a priority but to be fair, Horsham is a temporary site. I can't imagine that a permanent site will be any better though

Given that it's been like that in Horsham (as in temporary) for years now (like it came on online at the mid-way opening of the SA Battery when Elon came to Australia) it proves my point more...we are not a priority for Tesla at all....

Reactions: houdini and Icey
Given that it's been like that in Horsham (as in temporary) for years now (like it came on online at the mid-way opening of the SA Battery when Elon came to Australia) it proves my point more...we are not a priority for Tesla at all....
I hope you havnt only just worked that out.....but to be fair we arent a priority for any car manufacturer. Our volumes are meaningless to all of them.

Reactions: Hovean and baillies
I hope you havnt only just worked that out.....but to be fair we arent a priority for any car manufacturer. Our volumes are meaningless to all of them.

Except that they can dump cars that they can no longer sell overseas. Old Zoe, old Leaf not to mention all of the obsolete ICE engines we normally get.

Edit: just another advantage Tesla has in this country along with supercharger network. Service always had to reduce from early S/X days, if they didn’t change the lounges everyone would be complaining in a few months about how the model 3 owners have ruined them...better to get in early, pity they couldn’t keep the experienced staff though.

The Euroa sled was at the old servo location for a number of years. The Happy Valley Hotel owner told me that they agreed to host the Ovens Superchargers in 2017 and they've only just opened there. I'm not sure why it was delayed so long, but clearly, it seems to take a long time. I agree that we aren't a priority though, a tiny market and an actively hostile Government