Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone ran 265/35/21 and 295/35/21 with 21” underturbines?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen anyone run this, but I've recommended it since the 255 tires on the front and the 275 tires on the rear wheels are already stretched out quite a bit, and it's really noticable when you take off the Ubertubines and check them out. Also, you can't lay the wheels flat on the ground with the stock tires or you'll be putting the rims directly on the ground and scratching them up. Same with trying to stack them, as I had to store my Uberturbines separately all standing up (before I sold them).

Sure your range may be impacted from the wider tires due to extra rolling resistance, but if that means it'll help reduce curb rash and add more stability on dry roads, then I'm all for it.

Reactions: FasterBlaster
What set up are you cutrently running? I wanted to initially run 275/35/21 in the front and 295/35/21 in the rear with the stock uberturbines but options are very limited in that combination.
I’m going to do exactly this—I think it’ll be great! Planning to reuse the rears on the front (easy) and buy 2 new 295/35r21 tires for the rears. Only potential deviation from this would be to go to all-season rubber (Michelin Pilot All-Season 4) in which case I’d need to buy all new rubber. In any case, I’ll have better wheel protection, a bit more sidewall (hopefully resulting in a slightly improved ride) and a significant reduction of the “stretched“ look of which I’m not a fan. Will report back once I’ve executed my plan (and received my MYP which is due to arrive on Monday).

Reactions: thesmokingman
Ok—I need to pull the trigger on this or something similar in the very near term. I’m still a big fan of the approach outlined above (295/35r21 and 275/35r21 on rear/front, respectively) however there’s another thread where several owners have gone to 285/40r21 on the rears and 265/40r21 on the fronts. Not quite as wide in either case, but significantly taller resulting in a noticeably better ride (claimed by all who’ve tried this setup) as well as more damage resistance (taller sidewalls) with seemingly no penalty in efficiency. There’s also been mention of running 305s on the rear although I can’t seem to find corroboration that this fits without rubbing. My goals for this endeavor have remained unchanged (more protection, better ride, better aesthetics) and if the 40 series rubber achieves all without a range penalty then it seems like a good option. Any other thoughts> am I missing anything? Thanks.

I will be mounting 265/35 front and 295/35 rear on the Uberturbines tomorrow. Was the only size I could find available for all season tires. I’ll let you know how it goes. I read on Reddit that it works fine with no issues. Deff taking a slight range hit tho. But I had to purchase them. Since Ray’s is taking a grip to deliver my wheels. I needed all seasons to hold me down.

I will be mounting 265/35 front and 295/35 rear on the Uberturbines tomorrow. Was the only size I could find available for all season tires. I’ll let you know how it goes. I read on Reddit that it works fine with no issues. Deff taking a slight range hit tho. But I had to purchase them. Since Ray’s is taking a grip to deliver my wheels. I needed all seasons to hold me down.
How did this setup work out for you? Thinking of doing the same.

I saw that Costco has the Michie Pilot Super Sports in 285/35/21's in stock. I almost pulled the trigger but had to come to my senses as we've only got 3K mile son our Pzeros lol. I'd slap those on for a nice square setup, albeit not ideal per rim widths but good enough.

How did this setup work out for you? Thinking of doing the same.
Worked fine for my needs but wouldn’t recommended it, you take like a 8%-10% range hit. And acceleration lags a little with more vibration would assume from rear tires. Road noise I would say the same. But it does look good on the wheels and extra protection. I would say do 285 rears if it’s a long term set up.

Worked fine for my needs but wouldn’t recommended it, you take like a 8%-10% range hit. And acceleration lags a little with more vibration would assume from rear tires. Road noise I would say the same. But it does look good on the wheels and extra protection. I would say do 285 rears if it’s a long term set up.
Interesting some people saying not much has changed in regards to range. I was looking for 285 couldn’t find anywhere for all seasons I did find the oe 255 & 275 setup all seasons. But it be nice to have that wheel protection.

Are you sure about the range and acceleration hit? 8-10% seems very high (maybe 2-3%).

Are you sure about the range and acceleration hit? 8-10% seems very high (maybe 2-3%).
Nope, I have the same commute to work everyday. And I charge to 90%. Before all seasons installed I’ll be at 63%-60% round trip when I get home. Now with new A/S tires I’m at 51%- 54%. But I’m just waiting on my TE’s so I can go with a square set up. But Rays has been having me waiting for over 6 months now.