Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received the replacement NEMA 14-50 adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad yours arrived. I received mine a few days ago also. Have never used the original; many of my posts note that I charge via J1772, so I should have been last on the list. I think it's random, just like the firmware updates.

You're probably right. I plan to swing by the old house today or tomorrow and double check that that is indeed what it is.

Got my two replacement adapters today (I bought a spare UMC for traveling). One of the adapters rattles and one does not. Has there been a definitive determination of whether the rattle is something to be concerned with? Thanks.

I could see them not bothering with the original UMC, but being Tesla, I am willing to bet all it would take is a request from you. However, in your case, the UMC itself is warrantied, since you purchased it separately. Whether or not your car is salvaged is not at issue. In fact, you don't even need to own a Model S.

Sure enough, mine arrived today. Tesla got it right and I didn't have to prompt them. I'm not driving the car anymore so I was in no hurry, but it can still charge so I'll test the replacement and then send back the old one.

The latest I have heard (From Tesla actually) is that they are dropping support for the NEMA 6-50 adapter. In their minds, presumably, the 6-50 was a stop gap measure early on for when the HPWCs were delayed. It is relatively easy to make a 14-50 to 6-50 pigtail adapter going forward...

Slightly OT, but has anyone with a NEMA 6-50 adapter gotten an updated replacement?

I was told back in April they were being updated and I notice they are no longer for sale in the store.
When I asked directly about the 6-50 in e-mail, I was told explicitly that the 6-50 does not need the change that the 14-50 did. I didn't push further on why that's the case.

Got a "nastygram" email this morning from Tesla reminding me to return my old 14-50 adapter now that I should have the new gray faceplate one... Which I don't! Replied to them indicating that I never received the new one and put my mailing address in the reply for good measure.

Got a "nastygram" email this morning from Tesla reminding me to return my old 14-50 adapter now that I should have the new gray faceplate one... Which I don't! Replied to them indicating that I never received the new one and put my mailing address in the reply for good measure.

Got the same email as you. Unfortunately, I've been away from home for a couple of weeks with another week to go. I presume it did arrive and was picked up by my house watcher from the front door or else is languishing in the Post Office (depending on which of my addresses they used). No sense replying to them at this point.

Ditto here. Tesla sent the adapter to the wrong address. I did finally manage to go get it, and sent it off with my car to the SC yesterday.

I like how they're 3 months or so behind on getting these to people, and are now rushing folks to send them back.

I received my second replacement this past week. When I bought the second UMC the service center kept the old style 14-50 that came in the kit. So now that I have the two new 14-50 adapters I returned the one that came with the car. I received the email requesting the return the next day. I suspect the accounting when a service center is involved is going to be completely wrong.

I received a similar email - turned my old one into the SC several weeks ago when I had Ti armor installed.

I replied to the letter telling them that I turned mine into the SC and was surprised that they responded the same day. They did not respond to the return of my adapter, but because I questioned the fact that I still do not have a replacement adapter for my wife's car, which I had bought used 6 months ago. For some reason whatever database they are using still listed the car as being owned by the previous owner despite the fact that my profile page on the Tesla web site shows I own the car, I have access to the car thru the mobile app (which meant I had to prove to Tesla Corporate that I owned the car by sending copies of my title and registration) and I have been to the service center twice here and their records show my ownership. Hopefully I will now see a new adapter soon.

Ditto here. Tesla sent the adapter to the wrong address. I did finally manage to go get it, and sent it off with my car to the SC yesterday.

Tesla onlineorders just confirmed that they sent the package in late April to my old address (I moved exactly a year ago and changed my address with Tesla but, it looks like they have too many databases?!).

Chasing down the the buyer of my previous house now...

Tesla onlineorders just confirmed that they sent the package in late April to my old address (I moved exactly a year ago and changed my address with Tesla but, it looks like they have too many databases?!).

Chasing down the the buyer of my previous house now...

Same here. Adapter was sent late May to our old address; we moved almost 2 years ago and I've updated our address at least 4 times with different folks at Tesla. Crazy thing is that our Model S was registered and delivered to our new address so you'd imagine that Tesla would use that one in any case.

Buyer of our previous house is renting it out to vacationers and chances of finding that FedEx parcel = 0

Got the new plug two months ago, sent the old one back with the shipping label that was in the box. No harsh e-mails from Tesla so far.

ETA here's the funny (sort of) thing, I never use the UMC in the last eleven months used it three times, and most of those were at the body shop :mad: