TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has anyone removed the front bumper yet?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by pete8314, Feb 12, 2013.

1. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I'm going to install a Passport 9500ci in a couple of days, and think that I'll need to pop the front bumper off to correctly mount the laser shifter (I hope not, but I need to plan for the worst). Has anyone done this yet, and if so, any tips??? I'm also considering the parking sensors too for a later project, which would require removal of both bumpers.

2. gsxrex

gsxrex Member

3. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I know, no details regarding bumper removal though.

4. grisnjam

grisnjam P6316

5. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Thanks, that helps, hopefully I won't have to remove the entire bumper. Now I just need to find a spare hole through to the passenger compartment for the cables. It's tomorrow's project, I'll try to take photos.

6. grisnjam

grisnjam P6316

Please document it. I want to hardwire my radar detector (just power from the fuse box in the frunk into the cabin and then up the A-pillar to near the rearview mirror.

7. Tommy

Tommy Member

From my post on installing a No Holes License Plate Frame:

View attachment 16031
    View attachment 16030

8. Brightonuk

Brightonuk Member

I am having the Tesla Parking sensors installed by a third party and am looking for detailed instruction on how to remove both front a rear bumpers any help?

9. AndyZ

AndyZ Member

Me too - are there any special tools or gotchas when removing/putting the front bumper back ?

10. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Local Vendor - SoCal