Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone seen a non-PUP Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I went to look at the m3 at the store, I asked about non-premium. The only things he could tell me were, the audio is not as good, the seat will not be powered, the roof has no glass. That's about all he knows.
So we're going from 12-way powered seats to completely manual? In a Tesla? Really hoping that even the base version of a car as technologically advanced as a Model 3 will offer 4-way power seats.

So we're going from 12-way powered seats to completely manual? In a Tesla? Really hoping that even the base version of a car as technologically advanced as a Model 3 will offer 4-way power seats.
I'm more curious about the steering wheel adjustment. Wondering if that would be manual as well.
But manual seats are preferred by some people. They tend to be more reliable in the long term; though my 10 year old BMW don't have any seat adjustment motor yet...

I am surprised that folks here think that the non-PUP version is so far away that Tesla wouldn't have at least one for internal validation. Here is what the Tesla site currently says on my Model 3 configuration page. Of course this is Elon time, but "early 2018" with PUP optional aint very fur.

• Base $35,000 Vehicle.................Early '18
  • Standard Battery - 220 Miles (EPA est.)
  • Premium Upgrades optional
  • Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive .......Spring '18

I am surprised that folks here think that the non-PUP version is so far away that Tesla wouldn't have at least one for internal validation. Here is what the Tesla site currently says on my Model 3 configuration page. Of course this is Elon time, but "early 2018" with PUP optional aint very fur.

• Base $35,000 Vehicle.................Early '18
  • Standard Battery - 220 Miles (EPA est.)
  • Premium Upgrades optional
  • Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive .......Spring '18

They probably do have one for internal validation. Nobody outside of Tesla has seen it, though.