Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone seen the light reflections like the ones shown in the attached pics? This is what I see through my brand new model x plaid windshield.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dhirzz

Aug 25, 2022
IMG_3751.jpg
IMG_3752.jpg

Two possible reasons.
1. Your windshield has an oily residue. You can use the kitchen cleaner to clean them off. clean with a high-pressure hose to the outside of the windshield( not necessary inside).
2. The film on the windshield is possibly aging. You need to use a professional oil residue cleaner to clean it and then apply a protective coat to it. (probably fix it at a shop) or repalce the film for a new one if it has aged completely.

Upvote 0
Two possible reasons.
1. Your windshield has an oily residue. You can use the kitchen cleaner to clean them off. clean with a high-pressure hose to the outside of the windshield( not necessary inside).
2. The film on the windshield is possibly aging. You need to use a professional oil residue cleaner to clean it and then apply a protective coat to it. (probably fix it at a shop) or repalce the film for a new one if it has aged completely.
Mine was not as bad as the OP, but in my case it was mostly on the inside. Recommend finding an automotive glass cleaner. Make sure it does NOT have any waxes or water repelling agents. They can really make a mess on the inside. PIA to clean up the inside, but well worth the effort. I used this stuff Glass & Plastic Liquids

Upvote 0