Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone tried DIY PPF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With respect, it's way ambitious to try and do a full car PPF if you've never done it. It would probably take you SEVERAL days. I've done 4-5 cars, but only partial front bumper, hood, fender, and I still wouldn't want to tackle a full car PPF. If you REALLY want to try, I suggest buying a precut front bumper piece off ebay and give it a go. You may change your mind after that. There are plenty of videos on youtube for tips and tricks.

I DIY PPF'd my entire Model 3 and I think it took about 4 days about 6 hours a day. It was over a 2 week period. It was my very first time and I used pre-cut film. The front bumper is by far the most complicated part. Rear hatch was pre-cut two piece so it was pretty easy. If you are looking to install one piece for front bumper and rear hatch youself it will be a very challenging task. The hood, doors and fenders were not bad at all.

There are plenty of videos now on Youtube showing tips and tricks for different parts of the Model 3. Start with a straight panel like the hood (even though it's a big piece) to build some confidence with the slip and tack solutions and techniques.

I equate this project to DIY tile installations. If you are nervous about ever installing tiles yourself, this DIY might be a challenging task for the first time.

Reactions: NJ08809