Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone tried replacing audio hardware (speakers/amp)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t like the speakers in the Model S, at high volume it crackles and the audio isn’t clear. This is a 2021 refresh with the software update, so I do have Immersive Sound features. Just to be clear, the sound *quality* is actually not that bad. I just want to install an amp and some speakers that can tolerate higher volumes. Currently when I turn the volume up to around 5 or 6, the quality degrades quite a bit. I like my music loud :)

Is there anything special an installer needs in order to be able to work on a Tesla?

We offer door speakers for Tesla for all Models including Model S and our customers are very happy with the results based on their feedback.
Model S package can include a Subwoofer as well, however the AMP is currently out of stock.

You can buy it on Amazon or on our website.
71nLo1XeWvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

We offer door speakers for Tesla for all Models including Model S and our customers are very happy with the results based on their feedback.
Model S package can include a Subwoofer as well, however the AMP is currently out of stock.

You can buy it on Amazon or on our website.
View attachment 726714
Thanks. Has this been tested on the 2021 Model S refresh?

I don’t like the speakers in the Model S, at high volume it crackles and the audio isn’t clear. This is a 2021 refresh with the software update, so I do have Immersive Sound features. Just to be clear, the sound *quality* is actually not that bad. I just want to install an amp and some speakers that can tolerate higher volumes. Currently when I turn the volume up to around 5 or 6, the quality degrades quite a bit. I like my music loud :)

Is there anything special an installer needs in order to be able to work on a Tesla?
Hey man did you ever do anything here? I also have a refresh and want to put in a sub and amp but with all the battery and wiring changes I'm unsure how that should work and not void my warranty.