Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has your Model S suspension lost its new-car crispness?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that found loose lug nut and have tighten them with the torque wrench. Did you raise the car so that the wheel is no longer contact the ground before you tighten the lug nut or just tighten it with the tire contacting the ground? I seems logical to raise the car off the ground first but it seems too much work so I was wondering if I can just take the short cut and just tighten it without having to raise the car.
No, you will not get accurate torque that way with the conical wheel lug nuts

My car has had a noticeable "wobble" on the highway, and I believe (with the help and advice on these forums) that I need an alignment. I did get my torque wrench out last night and checked the wheels. They were already torqued fairly close to spec and needed barely any noticeable amount of turn to get them cinched up. My "wobble" is still there. (not horrible or anything, but something I will ask about by my first service appt. at the latest).

Highway wobble is more likely an unbalanced wheel. You need to go to a tire shop to balance them again.
This may have several causes, but taking a curb harshly may slightly bend a wheel. This results in wobble at highway speeds. Most of the time the tire shop will fix it.

if wobble at a specific range of highway speeds, most like wheel balance. Wheel alignment should not be required very often unless you hit a curb or something.

My prior ICE car did not get aligned until after 300k miles. It was never the same after that, BTW.

Highway wobble is more likely an unbalanced wheel.

Wow, that is an old post of mine you quoted. I don't even have that car any more. Nonetheless, "wobble" was probably the wrong word. It was more like it would bob left to right as I drove down the highway. The car I had prior (a Cadillac CTS) would track perfectly straight and true, but on the same road, I felt this left-and-right motion all the time in the S and it seemed to require more steering input.