Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have we all been played by Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
goto10 and dsvick - Thank you both and I appreciate your explanation. That helps.

Two weeks ago my sister and brother-in-law toured the factory. They were telling me that the TESLA plant stamped, cut, and pressed, parts to make 5k model 3 vehicles. I did not argue with them (believing that 5k had been delivered) but your explanation make more sense.

I am one that received an e-mail reminding me that I had not responded to my opportunity to configure. I made it clear that I am waiting for the SR.

I know many recommend buying as much battery as possible. I have wrestled with that over and over .... my M3 will strictly be an in-town runabout. The longest trip I can conceive of is 400 miles door to door .... and there are two superchargers stations located along the path with more planned by the state.

I wish TMC would be a little more forthcoming about the SR. I've read every post on this forum that I can find, and still know very little about the lesser battery. I think it is a little deceiving for TMC to promote a $35k EV that will fit in everyones budget .... but not manufacture such a vehicle.

P.S. After I posted the above I looked at TMC's web page, and no mention is made of $35k. The page really touts the AWD and the performance version. If that is Tesla's direction .... I may need to re-evaluate, because I have no interest in either. I am glad, however,for all of you that are interested.
BTW, the website is a beautiful creation.

Last edited:
I am one that was reminded that I had not responded to my opportunity to configure. I made it clear that I am waiting for the SR.

I know many recommend buying as much battery as possible. I have wrestled with that over and over .... my M3 will strictly be an in-town runabout. The longest trip I can conceive of is 400 miles door to door .... and there are two superchargers stations located along the path with more planned by the state.

I wish TMC would be a little more forthcoming about the SR. I've read every post on this forum that I can fond, and still know very little about the lesser battery. I think it is a little deceiving for TMC to continue to boast a $35k EV that will fit in everyones budget .... but not manufacture such a vehicle.
SR is still "vaporware", only Tesla knows the detail.

Reactions: Stirfelt
I am one that received an e-mail reminding me that I had not responded to my opportunity to configure. I made it clear that I am waiting for the SR.

I wish TMC would be a little more forthcoming about the SR. I've read every post on this forum that I can find, and still know very little about the lesser battery. I think it is a little deceiving for TMC to promote a $35k EV that will fit in everyones budget .... but not manufacture such a vehicle.

P.S. After I posted the above I looked at TMC's web page, and no mention is made of $35k. The page really touts the AWD and the performance version. If that is Tesla's direction .... I may need to re-evaluate, because I have no interest in either. I am glad, however,for all of you that are interested.
BTW, the website is a beautiful creation.
TMC = Tesla Motors Club (i.e. this forum)
Tesla Motors is officially changing its name
;)

I wish TMC would be a little more forthcoming about the SR. I've read every post on this forum that I can find, and still know very little about the lesser battery.

It's about 2/3rds the range as the LR battery and the RWD one does 0-60 in 5.6 instead of 5.1.

What are you wanting to know that you don't know?

I think it is a little deceiving for TMC to promote a $35k EV that will fit in everyones budget .... but not manufacture such a vehicle.

They have consistently stated they are going to manufacture it as soon as they clear out the higher priced preorders for business reasons.

There's been exactly 0 suggestion in anything they've said that that has changed.

P.S. After I posted the above I looked at TMC's web page, and no mention is made of $35k.

it's still mentioned on the website in at least the press kit- though the "main" model 3 page is, obviously, about the configs you can order right now.

Reactions: gambit48