Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Having second thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, Tesla is making this decision easier for me. They postponed my delivery by a day after we had scheduled a time, then postponed again an hour after calling to confirm, then dropped the date and gave me a new window for this week. Then today that window disappeared, along with my VIN number and the insurance info I had uploaded. I called this morning and, as I said above, the guy told me the car was in Puerto Rico, and he would research it and call me back. He never did. I called again, a woman said she'd research it, and then put me through to the service center where the car was to be delivered. The service guy said he had nothing to do with deliveries and couldn't help me. When I insisted, he took my info and said he'd talk to a manager. I haven't heard back. When I try to call, I'm never on hold for less than 40 minutes. A couple of times I've tried getting call backs. One went to voice mail while I was on with the guy in service. A couple of times I've hung on for 40 minutes only to get disconnected. Basically, I'm getting the run-around despite depositing $4,600 as the first payment. Reminds me once of how I got into an argument with a girl I just started dating, and someone said to me,"if she talks to you that way now, how do you think it will be down the line?" How do I sell my place in line to get back my $250 as someone suggested above?

Hmm, Tesla is making this decision easier for me. They postponed my delivery by a day after we had scheduled a time, then postponed again an hour after calling to confirm, then dropped the date and gave me a new window for this week. Then today that window disappeared, along with my VIN number and the insurance info I had uploaded. I called this morning and, as I said above, the guy told me the car was in Puerto Rico, and he would research it and call me back. He never did. I called again, a woman said she'd research it, and then put me through to the service center where the car was to be delivered. The service guy said he had nothing to do with deliveries and couldn't help me. When I insisted, he took my info and said he'd talk to a manager. I haven't heard back. When I try to call, I'm never on hold for less than 40 minutes. A couple of times I've tried getting call backs. One went to voice mail while I was on with the guy in service. A couple of times I've hung on for 40 minutes only to get disconnected. Basically, I'm getting the run-around despite depositing $4,600 as the first payment. Reminds me once of how I got into an argument with a girl I just started dating, and someone said to me,"if she talks to you that way now, how do you think it will be down the line?" How do I sell my place in line to get back my $250 as someone suggested above?

Never heard of such a thing and not my experience for the two that we've bought first in Sept. and second this past Friday.

1-888-518-3752

#1 for Auto
#2 for Delivery...put in your zip code. Mumble something in the voice attendant.

Always pick up within 10 minutes for me sometimes quicker. I'd imagine if your talking to the Service guy...your not getting help.

Almost ready to call Bravo Sierra but I'll wait a while. 😉

Yup, order delayed till late April or May after setting up a confirmed delivery date for last week. Tesla support confirmed they originally assigned me a VIN for a car that was in Puerto Rico. Guy says he's never seen that before. I'm getting my first payment back, but keeping the order open for now. See you in a month or two maybe. . .
well prices have increased so if nothing else you could take delivery in a month or two, and sell the car for a profit!

Reactions: BMWM3Man
Yup, order delayed till late April or May after setting up a confirmed delivery date for last week. Tesla support confirmed they originally assigned me a VIN for a car that was in Puerto Rico. Guy says he's never seen that before. I'm getting my first payment back, but keeping the order open for now. See you in a month or two maybe. . .

Silly. Do you think Tesla hasn’t already sold it…to a buyer in “Puerto Rico”. 😂😂😂😂

He (OP) never bought one in the first place...
I didn't buy one, but I ordered one that was supposed to be delivered. I even paid the first payment. They said they assigned me the wrong VIN, one from a car in Puerto Rico. I don't know why that's so hard to believe, but, regardless, they didn't deliver the car and now say it will come between the end of April and end of May. But if I'm understanding the previous posts, they're obligated to honor the price I signed up for in November 2021?

I didn't buy one, but I ordered one that was supposed to be delivered. I even paid the first payment. They said they assigned me the wrong VIN, one from a car in Puerto Rico. I don't know why that's so hard to believe, but, regardless, they didn't deliver the car and now say it will come between the end of April and end of May. But if I'm understanding the previous posts, they're obligated to honor the price I signed up for in November 2021?

Yup. November prices. Even if you don't want the car, just take delivery and flip it.

Reactions: BMWM3Man
I do have a 240 volt outlet on my back porch (that I use for a portable hot tub) but the electrician said running an extension chord would be dangerous....

I tapped into my hot tub junction box, which was on the back of the garage, for my NEMA 14-50 outlet inside the garage. It worked great. Ditched the hot tub a few months later anyway, we never used it. I gladly volunteer to go run family errands ANYTIME in the Tesla now. :) wife says it was the best gift she’s ever given me.

Beware of flipping it. There is another active thread where people are discussing receiving lifetime bans for flipping their Teslas, which is a violation of the order agreement.
I don't have any plans to flip, just to use. I've been researching alternatives more, and for what I want, AWD, electric or hybrid, safety, with some fun thrown in, the model 3 does look the best, so I'm thinking I'll keep it when it comes. . . .

There is always a "first" for everything, and the OP's story doesn't really sound any stranger than a lot of the other horror stories on this forum. Tesla has its growing pains just like any other automaker in their infancies. Many people are simply ignoring the age fact because we're used to thinking of Tesla as the richest automaker in history. A mistake like assigning the wrong VIN to an order seems quite possible if it hasn't happened already. Glad the OP is looking past this terrible experience and keeping the M3. If my 9 months experience in my MY is any indication, the OP will enjoy his M3 every day!

PS: strongly recommend the auto-frunk kit after you've driven your M3 for a while. using the frunk for storage is a capability that no ICE car has. i just installed mine a couple of days ago and just love it.

I'm scheduled to take delivery tomorrow of a model 3, but am having serious second thoughts. First because I found out it would cost between 5 and 10k to get the home we rent outfitted for charging. I thought it would be like seven hundred but the electrical panel needs updating. Second, just looking at my financing agreement the full cost of the vehicle sunk in. Whatever I save in gas will no way be covered especially if I can't charge at home. And I understand also that owning a Tesla without charging at home is a drag. I wanted the car because I drive a 240 miles round trip work 1-2 times per week, 32 weeks a year and I wanted a fun, safe car for the drive. And I like gadgets. But maybe I'd just be better off driving my Suburu. Thoughts?
Don't drag yourself down for an EV. There are lots of fun energy efficient ICE cars out there.

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli and Big Earl
Well now I’m due to take delivery in a week, and I’ve come up with an alternative solution to my energy problem by installing a charger in the apartment that we own where I stay overnight when I commute. That cost $1000 and should do the trick. I’ve talked to a few friends who own model threes and they really love it.
Well if only I could go back in time and stop myself spending that money on a car and brought Tesla shares.....if only

Would my older wiser self counsel my younger self on the error of my ways
Would my younger self heed the warning not to go near a Tesla store and to never
ever under any circumstances go for a test drive

Yeeh naaaah

no-ragrets-tattoo.jpg

Welcome to the house of fun!