Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Bragging Space for your MS or MX - Configuration, Color, Name, When & Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thankeee, thankeee, thankeee Papafox. She shore is purdy when you see her in the bright daylight. I see why hawaiiskibum went with RED.
It gets tons more attention in the parking lot at work than white Tessie did.

5.0 software (no, not the police tv show)
On a slightly off topic note. She has 5.0 software. There's a glitch in the Nav software. She gets lost once in a while. And when I am driving sometimes the maps turns 360 degrees and shows up upside down. Its honestly funny to see it. And there's button on the top bar so you can press for the map to turn to make North up and turn off to put it back. Also there's an arrow compass on the left side so you can see where you are pointed/headed. Ownership says, that this new car only 5.0 software will be fixed within a couple of weeks, and sometime after other cars will get it. (Other cars, I can't bring myself to call previously delivered cars with 4.5 - older cars.)

5.0 also has wifi and tethering. I noticed with I connect to wifi, at home, it supercedes the 3G. My cell phone does not have tethering so can't test that.

I posted on TM forum yesterday that if someone is possibly interested in Parking Sensors to send email to Ownership@ and they will make a note to get back to those people after TM figures costs and effort. There's also reports that the sensor don't see low curbs. I have experienced where I pulled the front up to within 3 inches of the lower splitter hitting a low curb and sensors did not see the curb. The sensors saw a pole 2 feet in front the nosecone next time. Parking sensors are mounted four across the front (and rear). Two outside drilled into the colored bumper. Two each half was across their own half of the nosecone. Yes, drilled and mounted flush into the nosecone. Look just like sensors you see on other OEM solutions.

On a slightly off topic note. She has 5.0 software.
I posted on TM forum yesterday that if someone is possibly interested in Parking Sensors to send email to Ownership@ and they will make a note to get back to those people after TM figures costs and effort.

now, I am really jealous. you have the two things I have been waiting for. 5.0 and parking sensors.
I already have my email into ownership@ requesting the parking sensor upgrade and I keep an eye on the 5.0 thread waiting for someone to say they got the upgrade from 4.5.
they better hurry, I can't hold my breath that long.

Flew back in last night and rescheduled my pickup yesterday with the SC. Barring no interference from work, I will be picking up my MS this afternoon! I can't believe the day is finally here...

Good for you MMartin. Happy as I can be for you. Careful coming up that ramp to H1. You will literally fly down H1 towards town.

- - - Updated - - -

now, I am really jealous. you have the two things I have been waiting for. 5.0 and parking sensors.
I already have my email into ownership@ requesting the parking sensor upgrade and I keep an eye on the 5.0 thread waiting for someone to say they got the upgrade from 4.5.
they better hurry, I can't hold my breath that long.

dsmith, you better not be holding your breath!!! That O2 tank could back up and explode. What I heard was the software engineers will need two-three weeks to fix the Nav problem and roll it out to the current 5.0 users before it comes out 4.5 users. They reported 5.0 is coming out on new cars because 5.0 has the Parking Sensor software.

Well, pickup was AWESOME! The car is absolutely beautiful inside and out and exactly what I wanted.

But, things never go as planned. I was supposed to meet up with my wife and kids for dinner, but I had to do a 180 when one of our trips was changed last minute and the only way to cover it was to go and pickup the client with the Tesla...needless to say, they loved it. She actually got out of the car right after getting in when she realized what it was, just so she could take pictures of it. I had to cut my pickup short and abandon all hopes of photos as I darted off.

On the bright side, I took a few photos while standing by at the location for the 5-0 premier rehearsal in Waikiki. Also, I finally did make my dinner date...at 7:30.

It's amazing how many people literally stopped to admire her and even take photos.

Better photos to come, but here's a tease from the location of tomorrow night's premier.

T1.jpg
T2.jpg

:biggrin: (Tesla Grin)

Last edited:
Well, pickup was AWESOME! The car is absolutely beautiful inside and out and exactly what I wanted.

But, things never go as planned. I was supposed to meet up with my wife and kids for dinner, but I had to do a 180 when one of our trips was changed last minute and the only way to cover it was to go and pickup the client with the Tesla...needless to say, they loved it. She actually got out of the car right after getting in when she realized what it was, just so she could take pictures of it. I had to cut my pickup short and abandon all hopes of photos as I darted off.

On the bright side, I took a few photos while standing by at the location for the 5-0 premier rehearsal in Waikiki. Also, I finally did make my dinner date...at 7:30.

It's amazing how many people literally stopped to admire her and even take photos.

Better photos to come, but here's a tease from the location of tomorrow night's premier.

View attachment 31435View attachment 31436

:biggrin: (Tesla Grin)

Just imagine if all of us drove by tonight at Sunset at the Beach. How many heads would turn our way!

Aloha new owners. Its been quite a while since this thread was last updated with good news describing a new owner's new car.

We would enjoy hearing from you. We do so much enjoy new owners telling us about their experiences and impressions of their rocket ship. So please. Give us a little note and introduce yourself.

There's both a Hawaii owners section under Community (main page) and a Hawaill Tesla Owners group under the Group menu tab on the main page.

And under the TMC Group toolbar section called Group, we have a thread (Hawaii Tesla Owners) where we share a bit more detail (Contact information and introductions) like email and phone numbers.

Last edited:
Spleen,

Do you know what options you are going to select for your MX? Tell us?
Did you notice that the pictures of the MX on the TM site don't have outside rear view mirrors?
Cameras instead! Won't that be cool? Lucky you.

That would be cool but I don't think the NHTSA will allow that. IIHS said that parking sensors were useless but that the back up cameras are better. I can't wait to install my front camera.

- - - Updated - - -

I do want to ride in it when you get it.