Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii discussion on v5.6 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made an appointment at the SC and took Red in this morning. Red has been updated now to 5.6. Already seems better. Its early to be absolutely sure, but I've had a GPS issue with 5.0 since Red arrived in Sep. This update seems to be more stable on the GPS and is not showing the same spinning behavior that it did on 5.0

For those waiting, I would recommend a scheduled visit to the SC to get 5.6 sooner.

Akikiki, Thanks for posting this.
I tried to schedule an appointment for them to look at my GPS error (v4.5) this weekend but because of work being done on the SC I could not schedule one.:frown: Scheduling one during the week is a problem for me because of traffic on H1:eek: (unless I use the ranger service). Anyway, I got an email from Luke saying that I should try to reset my charger list to erase the bad (et al) locations. but couldn't find the option.:confused: I saw your post and decided to drop by and have Luke show me how.:rolleyes: After struggling to try and find the option which ended up not being there in v4.5 (he said it was in earlier versions) the best way to get rid of the bad locations was to upgrade to v5.6 and use that version's tools to delete them.:wink: Darn, I was going to wait for the OTA update and now I "have" to get it right now...:tongue: or have a changing location listed in the harbor:crying:. It was hard for me to make the call but an hour later I was leaving the SC with v5.6, tires rotated, small adjustments to some things and a new tech bulletin taken care of. :cool:
The worst part of the wait was the obligatory Veteran's day BBQ grill fired up with sizzling meat cooking:love:. (edit for vegetarians::scared: sizzling zucchini cooking).:biggrin:

Since this only happened to me twice, Luke says it is probably just an issue with a weak GPS signal inside the TJMax garage.

I got the OTA update push about 3 days ago. As Nanimac stated, hardly notice the added start-up time as it usually takes that time to take my seat, put on the seat belt and as I reach for the gear select lever it's ready. I like the new start up graphic showing your car in the middle but now with the P85 logo above it (or was that always there??)

I like the the new rendition of the navigation. It does get a little dizzying when going round and round in a parking structure though.

I don't have a wi-fi hotspot currently but that may change now that it's been unlocked.

It's probably just in my head, but I swear the responsiveness on the go pedal was slightly quicker after the change too.

The Model S.... It just keeps getting better and better :)

Note that this update does give you the option to turn off the "power saving" mode for instant start ups like before. I found I have to wait a few seconds after buckling (maybe 3-5 seconds) but it doesn't bother me. I like that I can switch it off if it does though. :)

@Weazl, the startup with 5.6 is just s smidg-in' shorter than it is with 5.0. About the time you buckle up and have your Ah-Ha moment again as you get settled in to the S, its ready for you to pull it down in Go. Looks like 5.6 did not fix my GPS fun. SC believes my gyro is going out. This happened to a few others reported on TM around the time mine was delivered. They will fix it, no worry. Like StephenM already said, it just keeps getting better and better.

I was at the SC yesterday having a rattle fixed and they updated me to v5.6. You want to know the weird/cool thing? Today my car said that there was an OTA update available. Puzzled, I told it to install immediately, and I know have v5.8!!! As far as I can see in the revision notes, the main changes from v5.6 are a windshield wiper service mode as well as the ability to reset the tire sensors yourself if you have the tires serviced somewhere other than the SC.

Screenshots and info are available on this thread:

Firmware 5.8

Cheers! WeazL

I was at the SC yesterday having a rattle fixed and they updated me to v5.6. You want to know the weird/cool thing? Today my car said that there was an OTA update available. Puzzled, I told it to install immediately, and I know have v5.8!!! As far as I can see in the revision notes, the main changes from v5.6 are a windshield wiper service mode as well as the ability to reset the tire sensors yourself if you have the tires serviced somewhere other than the SC.

Screenshots and info are available on this thread:

Firmware 5.8

Cheers! WeazL

Insomnia issues have supposedly been fixed too

Like I said, I was very surprised to get v5.8 OTA given that v5.6 was installed only 1 day prior at the SC. I didn't even know there was a v5.8 in existence. On the bright side, those still waiting will likely get v5.8 instead of v5.6. A picture is worth a thousand words...

58photo.JPG

Went from 4.5 to 5.8 this morning. You guys should check out the discussions on the Tesla and TMC forums. Attached is a screen shot of what's new.View attachment 35758

thanks solar powered! Still waiting for my 5.8 update..definitely see all the TMC threads on the update...other interesting changes include air suspension not lowering to low now at freeway speeds. Probably in response the road debris/fires issue.