Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii discussion on v5.6 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 113
Yes it does.
I was just surprised that someone actually read the release notes.
Satellite view is now preserved for Day mode and turns off when the car switches to Night mode. To view satellite images at night, tap the satellite button.

I was asking what it said because I noticed that it turns off satellite view when the car goes to sleep. when the car wakes up again satellite mode is turned off (even during the day).
this is a different behavior than is stated in the release notes. I just wish they had a preference setting that would remember you want the satellite view.
I wonder why they decided to turn it off in night mode (it's not actually a live image...)

Yes, I agree. By having it switch to the night mode from Satellite mode, it improves your night vision. In total darkness it takes approx. 20 minutes for your eyes to adjust fully to seeing in the dark. The more light that is present, the less effective your ayes will be at seeing in the dark as they cannot fully adapt.

This is why most night time lamps for astronomy, as well as lights on ships etc. use red colored lamps at night, because red wavelengths affect our night vision the least. Instead of making the entire screen appear in red, however, Tesla decided to do the next best thing which is to greatly reduce the brightness--and to do so, uses the new night mode, which helps improve driver visibility.

I was just surprised that someone actually read the release notes.

I was asking what it said because I noticed that it turns off satellite view when the car goes to sleep. when the car wakes up again satellite mode is turned off (even during the day).
this is a different behavior than is stated in the release notes. I just wish they had a preference setting that would remember you want the satellite view.
I wonder why they decided to turn it off in night mode (it's not actually a live image...)

I have not noticed this. It seems to remember the satellite mode during the day when I get back to car at the end of the day at work when there is still light out.

I've noticed in 5.8 that traffic mode is much more usable. It seems to update much more frequently. In January when we get the opportunity to choose low again for highway speed I may leave the car in standard just to minimize the chance of hitting stuff on the H-1 and H-3.