Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
I figured we could use a thread to update little things we see in 8.1 that might be small but useful.
I guess I could have created this thread earlier, but never late than...
Of course it applies every where, but to make sure my fellow Hawaii owners see it, I added Hawaii.

I'm now on 17.26.76. I heard a rumor and confirmed it. Okay, okay, maybe it was added sooner, but the rumor said this version. This update includes an enhancement to the phone dialer. (Owners have been asking for this for a long time, now it works.)

Now you can use the Call command to bring up a contact and number and it will immediately begin dialing to connect.
The Call command works like this when there is one number on that contact.
I recommend if you have a frequent contacts that you call with multiple numbers, that you might want to separate the numbers to a new contact. For instance, Bob has two numbers. Create a new contact for Bob's Cell, or Bob's Home so the OS can find one contact with one number easily. Try it.

Last edited:
I figured we could use a thread to update little things we see in 8.1 that might be small but useful.
I guess I could have created this thread earlier, but never late than...
Of course it applies every where, but to make sure my fellow Hawaii owners see it, I added Hawaii.

I'm now on 17.26.76. I heard a rumor and confirmed it. Okay, okay, maybe it was added sooner, but the rumor said this version. This update includes an enhancement to the phone dialer. (Owners have been asking for this for a long time, now it works.)

Now you can use the Call command to bring up a contact and number and it will immediately begin dialing to connect.
The Call command works like this when there is one number on that contact.
I recommend if you have a frequent contacts that you call with multiple numbers, that you might want to separate the numbers to a new contact. For instance, Bob has two numbers. Create a new contact for Bob's Cell, or Bob's Home so the OS can find one contact with one number easily. Try it.

Thanks for the post Aikikiki.

I just sold my 2012 Infiniti G37 to enable me to buy my new 2017 MS. The Bluetooth function in my old G37 could actually discern if a given contact had more than one phone number. It would then ask you if you want to call the first number listed, or you could choose the next one by saying "next number". If there was more than two numbers, then you keep saying "next number" till you get to the desired number. Tesla should implement this functionality at the very minimum.