Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to do it but all that happened was this....
View attachment 59832

It doesn't help that you did the dance during the rainy season.

- - - Updated - - -

So far, I like the calendar and naming of my MS. I named her Tessie (I know, not original). Not sure how to use the traffic navigation but I did turn it on in the settings. I will also see how the Smart Suspension works since I am also putting it on Very High to get up my driveway. Very interesting that I see the flag on the side of the Very High telling me that it is being automatically set.

I'm not sure how this smart suspension is supposed to work. I press "high" setting when I get into the garage, and then back to low when I exit. Repeated the process several days in a row, still doesn't remember to raise itself when I get close to the garage. So I thought maybe instead of manually pressing the low when I leave, I have to hit that box with the "x" on it to show where the high mode is supposed to end, but it stays on high and doesn't remember when I come back the next time. I'm so confused :confused:

I'm not sure how this smart suspension is supposed to work. I press "high" setting when I get into the garage, and then back to low when I exit. Repeated the process several days in a row, still doesn't remember to raise itself when I get close to the garage. So I thought maybe instead of manually pressing the low when I leave, I have to hit that box with the "x" on it to show where the high mode is supposed to end, but it stays on high and doesn't remember when I come back the next time. I'm so confused :confused:

I think you should try setting it for high just before you enter. Then a block or so after you exit from the garage, change it to low. I belive there's not enough distance between your setting changes the way you described it.

Oooh, there's a complicated answer to this one related to latitude/longitude coordinates, GPS, and the distance travelled at what speed. It really depends on Tesla's algorithm for calculating your car's position but even if it goes to 3 decimal places on the minutes that would give accuracy down to ~6ft. The car will cover 6' in no time even at slow speed and likely faster than the suspension has time to adjust itself. IOW, Akikiki is right when he says your points are too close together (but I'll add alternatively that you're driving too fast); you have to give the car enough time (read:distance) to adjust it's height.

Oooh, there's a complicated answer to this one related to latitude/longitude coordinates, GPS, and the distance travelled at what speed. It really depends on Tesla's algorithm for calculating your car's position but even if it goes to 3 decimal places on the minutes that would give accuracy down to ~6ft. The car will cover 6' in no time even at slow speed and likely faster than the suspension has time to adjust itself. IOW, Akikiki is right when he says your points are too close together (but I'll add alternatively that you're driving too fast); you have to give the car enough time (read:distance) to adjust it's height.

I have noticed a pop-up on display appears when it "saves" the auto height location on the first time I do it. When I leave the location, I don't reset it back to standard manually, just let the car do it when you get up to speed. Perhaps that will help.

I have noticed a pop-up on display appears when it "saves" the auto height location on the first time I do it. When I leave the location, I don't reset it back to standard manually, just let the car do it when you get up to speed. Perhaps that will help.

It should. It works great. Now, when I get home, my MS automatically lifts to super high to get up my driveway.