Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Model S accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Akikiki, I'm literally on the computer to order the Blackvue camera--I'd like to chat with you about the installation and see how you approached it. I'm keeping abreast of it on the forum, but would like to hear of your thoughts.

I'm going back and forth on the 2 channel or single camera, but leaning towards the single. What swayed you to the 2-channel?

Of course, glad to help. Why 2 channel? In this model, the rear depends on the front. But the front will work fine without the rear installed. (The two are connected by a long thin interface cable.) If I decide later to add a rear cam, then I have spent money on a device that I can't upgrade, I must replace. So I opted for the front/rear, even if I don't install the rear now. If you later decide to install a standalone rear, you must fine a 12v power source for the rear. With this model, the long thin interface cable provided both link and power.

There's a good thread here under Interior and Exterior on dash cam installation.

Akikiki, I'm literally on the computer to order the Blackvue camera--I'd like to chat with you about the installation and see how you approached it. I'm keeping abreast of it on the forum, but would like to hear of your thoughts.

I'm going back and forth on the 2 channel or single camera, but leaning towards the single. What swayed you to the 2-channel?

Just a note: my BlackVue camera mounting bracket just fell off (again 2nd time). the clear double sided tape they use only lasts about 6 months with the Hawaii heat. you get 2 pieces of tape with the camera and I used both. this time I had some grey heavy duty (10 lbs) double sided tape. It looks like it did a good job (time will tell) but it is more visible from the outside of the car. I just bought a roll of clear regular duty (5 lbs) mounting tape, but am waiting to see how well the grey tape holds up before changing to clear. the black extra heavy duty (20 lbs) tape, would have also been a good color choice for the mounting tape, but I couldn't find any.

I'm very interested in installing a dashcam as well, and am curious about the rear facing one as well. I'd like to see how it looks next time we meet up. Akikiki, you're going to the Mercedes polo event, right?

Just got an email from TM with an update on the center console insert. They're starting to ship if you ordered piano black. All other decor choices will not ship until early 2015. I initially waitlisted a obeche matte, but I think I may just skip it all together.

They said the delay was because they had to re-engineer it (again).

Just got an email from TM with an update on the center console insert. They're starting to ship if you ordered piano black. All other decor choices will not ship until early 2015. I initially waitlisted a obeche matte, but I think I may just skip it all together.

i'm waitlisted for obeche gloss, got the same letter. I think I may end up skipping it as well. Got used to the open space, and one of the things that makes this car unique is the lack of drive train, therefore no hump in the middle.

i'm waitlisted for obeche gloss, got the same letter. I think I may end up skipping it as well. Got used to the open space, and one of the things that makes this car unique is the lack of drive train, therefore no hump in the middle.
That's why I got the CCI instead of waiting for the Tesla version.

Charge Port fob. Lolachampcar a member of this forum has made up another lot of his charge port fob and are available.
The charge is $20 and includes shipping. Just send a PM to his account with your name and address. He will send the fob to you. Then if you like it, send him the money. If you don't return the fob.

The fob makes it easy to open your charge port without going to the center console. Also, at home you can open the charge port even when you left your car fob in the house.

I velro'd mine on the side of my UMC so its handy. Works great. Worth twice the money if you ask me.

Did the install this morning. Took about an hour and a half at leisure. Tesla continues to evolve their cars...there were a few subtle differences between the instructions and what was present, but everything was straight forward. For those who aren't familiar with the rear lighted T, it's made by Artsci--the same person who made the front lighted T. The rear T glows red to match the rear lights when the headlights are on and also brightens with the brake lights when they come on as well. Here's a few pics after the install:

IMG_0933.jpg
IMG_0934.jpg

Did the install this morning. Took about an hour and a half at leisure. Tesla continues to evolve their cars...there were a few subtle differences between the instructions and what was present, but everything was straight forward. For those who aren't familiar with the rear lighted T, it's made by Artsci--the same person who made the front lighted T. The rear T glows red to match the rear lights when the headlights are on and also brightens with the brake lights when they come on as well. Here's a few pics after the install:

View attachment 58017View attachment 58018

How hard was it to install? And what are differences?

Stop upgrading your car so quickly with add-ons. you're making the rest of us look bad.:rolleyes: If I park my car in front of your house will my front T and camera magically appear on my car?:confused: